Skip navigation
nawdzy
Currently Being Moderated

Australian Pricing includes GST or not?

May 4, 2012 6:53 PM

Tags: #creative_cloud #price

Is the australian price 62.99 including GST?

As the site suggest it is however at check out it says includes '0%' tax?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 6, 2012 6:08 PM   in reply to nawdzy

I think this is a typo, if you hit the pre-order button it then says ex GST, which I believe is correct. I reported the issue to get it fixed. Thanks for pointing it out, sorry about the confusion.

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 2:32 PM   in reply to nawdzy

$69.30(inc GST) per month through the Australian segment of Adobe.

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 6:09 PM   in reply to David__B

The downloaded standalone products in the Australian store manage to avoid GST, presumably  because they are downloading from the overseas servers. ( I can't see why if it's coming from US servers, they can avoid paying GST but still charge us a massive premium on the US price on downloaded products, but that's another issue!) .

I would thus have expected the creative cloud subscription to not attract GST as it's a download - So I would expect to be charged $62.99 . But Adobe's Australian pricing is weird and wonderful so who knows? (eg the upgrade price for standalone Illustrator CS6  has gone up substantially and is close to double the US price, while the photoshop CS6 upgrade has about the same price differential relative to the US that CS5 did)

|
    Mark as:
    Calculating status...
    Jun 8, 2012 8:47 PM   in reply to David__B

Reporting prices without GST included in Australia is acutally illegal. I have reported your website to the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points