• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does anyone know what time I'll be able to download CS6?

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2012 May 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've subscribed for Creative Cloud and looking forward to downloading the CS6 suite of products here in the UK?

Will I be able to do this from 12am tonight?

Cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well having stayed up readying myself to download my new Creative Cloud software and CS6 I now log into my account to find Adobe have put back the release day from Monday May 7th to Friday May 11th.

Guess I'll be reloading CS 5.5 back onto my computers in the morning after uninstalling it. Must be some hiccups with CS6 not yet ironed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine still says Preorder, estimated availability:
May 7, 2012 for PS CS6 Extended

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, better to iron out those bugs before we get it, worth the wait!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2012 May 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it seems the case that those of us who faithfully upgraded to CS 5.5 a few weeks ago are shut out of the free upgrade to CS6 but to make it even worse, we can't get Creative Cloud 'til the end of the week.

So, I'll be spending my Bank Holiday here in GB loading back on CS 5.5 while the rest get their free upgrades to CS6. That's what we get for being faithfull customers for 21 years and buying software legally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download the trials from here:

http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs6-direct-download-links.html

or

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/?PID=2159997

According to here:

http://www.adobe.com/special/products/creativesuite/trial/faq/index.html?PID=2159997

Creative Cloud users will be able to convert their trial to their Creative Cloud Subscription, look at question Can I convert my trial to a subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adrian,

I'm currently uninstalling 5.5 now across my MacBook Pro and iMac and installing CS6 Master Collection. As you posted I can convert this software on Friday to legitimate serial numbers via Creative Cloud.

Will be interesting as people wake up in the States to see their reaction.

It's muppets like me who pay the money over the decades that Adobe really sting. Those who pirate software aren't chased by Adobe and use crack codes and those who only partially upgrade between suites get the best deals. My only hope is Adobe is taken over the someone like Apple who not only have innovative products like Adobe but who also know how to market them and most importantly look after their loyal customer base.

To be fair Adobe have nearly always been appalling at customer service and this latest debacle of punishing faithful fee paying customers is another example of that. Oh how I wish I hadn't spent £350 upgrading to 5.5 and in fact it's proved almost pointless upgrading since CS3 with the benefit of hindsight. Still, Adobe has my money now and the only winners are Adobe shareholders and those who pirate Adobe products without paying a single dime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BarlingMan,

How recently did you upgrade to CS5.5? According to http://store.adobe.com/store/en_us/popup/offer/cs55_cs6_faqchannel.html if you upgraded after Mar 26 your license is eligible for a free upgrade to CS6.

Its obvious you don't come from the video side of the discussion. I shudder at the thought of Apple buying out Adobe. Having been a loyal Apple Final Cut user for a long time the way they have treated us users does not strike me as good customer service. Apple's approach which has worked well in some areas such as the iPhone is to say "this is what the user wants but doesn't say", unfortunately they have done that with Final Cut and made life difficult for us video editors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Adrian,

I upgraded in early March so March 26th is no use to me.

Can't disagree with you from what you say about Final Cut perhaps... However, generally speaking over the years Apple has been superb marketing wise whereas Adobe have floundered. Great great products that Adobe have and yet the final presentation lacks panache. Over the years Adobe have tripped up where people who pay for their product get little else other than the product.

There's been no payoff for being faithful and as I've described in previous mails correctly, Adobe has often rewarded those who only upgrade infrequently more generously than those of us who pay the full whack.

It's also looking that CS6 will be a very popular upgrade which is good for Adobe. It's just a shame that for those who have been 'married' to Adobe for so long when we get served with divorce papers when Adobe finds prettier brides to flirt with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines