‘Adobe Exchange’ logo used with permission
Earlier in December 2017 Adobe announced that Adobe Add-ons is evolving to Adobe Exchange. which will be launched on March 05, 2018. Existing listing/products and preview images will be automatically transferred. It is time to get started or to update existing listing for better compatibility with new design and approach. In this post, I will guide you through steps to update preview images, add videos which supports product and to update description when necessary.
Steps to update listing on Adobe Exchange
For those who are not informed about requirements for preview images here is reminder and link to download PSD template.
- App icon which should be 570x570px.
- Up to 10 large image previews and videos per product. Image previews must be: min 1280 x 720px, max 2560 x 1440px saved in PNG or JPG file format.
Here is the process to update the listing with new preview images and optionally video which should be uploaded to YouTube, Vimeo or Adobe TV:
- Visit Technology Partner Program site and click on Exchange App Listings link. You must be logged in.
- Your existing products will be listed in the Published tab. Click on the product name.
- When App Editing page opens click on Edit in the top right corner.
- In the App Details, you can change Purchase Method, change the price, change description... Required fields are marked with an asterisk, you must choose Primary and Secondary tags from the drop-down lists. When you are done, scroll down and click Save & Next button.
- The next step is to upload images. Click on Choose File buttons and upload App Icon, Featured Image (must be 300Kb or smaller) and Preview Images. You can type the caption for preview images. At the bottom, you will see text field to paste video URL to provide video instructions. If you have a video on YouTube then just copy URL from the address bar and paste it. Here is sample URL copied https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qzSny70Obs. If you need to add more images or videos (up to 10) click on Add Image or Add Video buttons. Click Save & Next button to proceed.
- The next step is Upload & Docs. You can upload readme, sample files etc. Uploaded documents should be in PDF file format. The limitation is 10 documents to upload. Click on Save & Next button to proceed.
- The last step is Notes & EULA. You can paste EULA and to type instructions for the user in Where to Find It - this is a required field which is automatically transferred from Adobe Add-ons. The important thing to remember before submitting listing is to click Save button to be able to preview listing before submitting it for approval.