In Adobe Illustrator CC 2018 we have a new tool = Puppet Warp, which lets you twist and distort parts of your artwork, such that the transformations appear natural. You can add, move, and rotate pins to seamlessly transform your artwork into different variations using the Puppet Warp tool in Illustrator. You can use this tool also for some creative work. Let’s see what kind of interesting transformation we can do with this tool and how use it for creating animation with Adobe Animate CC.
Distorting 3D Object
- Create any shape
- Create any 3D object with Live Effects
- Select object with Selection Tool
- Add pins with Puppet Warp Tool into 3D object
- Distort or rotate (pins) with Puppet Warp Tool
This allow us easy distort 3D object in any direction.
Distorting Character or Whole Text
- Add any text
- Select Puppet Warp Tool and add pins to one character
- Distort character
For Distorting Whole Text you need to activate “Show Mesh” in the Properties Panel and Expand it with “Expand Mode” value to overlap all text with mesh.
Creating Animation Tweens with Puppet Warp Tool, Blend Tool in Adobe Illustrator CC and finalizing in Adobe Animate CC
- Create shape in Adobe Illustrator CC
- Select shape with Selection Tool
- Use Puppet Warp Tool and add pins to shape
- Copy and paste shape (you need to add pins than copy shape. This allow to copy pins with shape)
- Make change with Puppet Warp Tool for creating motion or animation that you want to create
- Use Blend Tool for creating objects for animation
- Expand Object and Ungroup
- Select all shapes
- Copy shapes
- Open Adobe Animate CC and past into stage
- Select all shapes on stage in Adobe Animate
- Right click and open context menu.
- Select “Distribute to Keyframes”
- Play animation