When your files are stored in the Creative Cloud, you can access them on your mobile device using Adobe Photoshop Touch, or on your desktop computer using Adobe Photoshop. Photoshop Touch can open files in the following formats: PSD (flattened), PSDX, PNG, JPG, and GIF. And, with a free plug-in for Photoshop CS5, you can open the PSDX files created by Photoshop Touch in Photoshop. [Note: PSD files can only be opened via the Adobe Creative Cloud. The file is converted, layers are flattened to a single layer, and other info that is only supported in Photoshop is removed.]
Download the plug-in
1. In a browser on your desktop computer, navigate to the Creative Cloud Apps & Services page.
Note: Photoshop CC doesn't natively support importing Photoshop Touch projects (this will change with a future product update) - in the meantime the plugin can be installed manually as described here.
2. Sign-in to Creative Cloud using your Adobe ID and click download under "Touch App Plugins" to start the download and install process. Included with the installer is a plug-in for Illustrator CS5 and CS5.1, which enables opening of Ideas files (.idea) in Illustrator, and a plug-in for Photoshop CS5, CS5.1, which enables opening of Photoshop Touch files (.psdx) in Photoshop.
3. You will be asked (if you haven't already) to install the Adobe Application Manager, follow the steps to install the manager, and the Touch App Plugin should begin the download and installation process. If it does not, click install next to the "Touch App Plugins" icon in the Adobe Application Manager to start the process.
4. You're all set to start opening your PS Touch files in Photoshop CS6.
Upload a file from Photoshop Touch to the Creative Cloud
1. In Photoshop Touch on your mobile device, ensure that you are in the organizer view. (Tap the arrow in the upper-left corner of the screen to move from edit view to the organizer view.)
2. Tap to display the share menu, and touch Upload To Creative Cloud.
3. Select the file to upload, and follow the steps to sign in and upload your file.
Open a Photoshop Touch file in Photoshop CS6
1. On your desktop computer, launch a browser and navigate to the Creative Cloud website.
2. Sign in, and navigate to your Photoshop Touch file.
3. Click the checkbox to select your file, then choose download and select a location on your hard drive.
4. Launch Photoshop CS5, and open the Photoshop Touch (PSDX) file.
Open a Photoshop CS6 file in Photoshop Touch
1. On your desktop computer, save your file in Photoshop CS5. (You can save the file with layers, but layers are flattened when the file is opened in Photoshop Touch.)
2. In a browser, navigate to the Creative Cloud website.
3. Sign in, and upload your Photoshop CS5 file to the Cloud.
4. On your mobile device in Photoshop Touch, use any of the add image options, such as Create new from image. Tap New from Creative Cloud, and navigate to your Photoshop CS5 file.