• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Booking multiple event seats under one name

Mentor ,
Mar 14, 2012 Mar 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By default a booking form reserves one spot for each person. And each person may only ever book one spot to a booking. However it is possible to make changes to your web form so customers can choose the number of spots for a booking.

To do this add the following field to your booking form:

<input class="cat_textbox" id="BookingAllocation" name="BookingAllocation">

If you wish to set a maximum number of spots a customer can book, then this can easily be achieved using JavaScript, the example below will allow up to 5 spots to be booked by a single customer.

<input type=text name=”BookingAllocation” onChange=”if (this.value > 5) this.value=5;”>

TOPICS
Documentation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I wish to set a maximum number of spots a customer can book, do I use the second script above and if so, how or where do I use it?

Also, I would need to know the name and contact information for whom the additional spots have been booked. Is it as simple as adding additional fields for first name, last name, email, etc.?

Thanks,

Lynn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lynn,

You place that second field inside the booking form, which is inside the detailed booking layout.

As for the second requirement, you may want to look at this article http://demo.businesscatalyst.com/booking-multiple-seats

Cheers,

-mario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2013 Mar 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mario

Great advice as usual - Ok what can you do to provide discounts on a booking. e.g if someone is a student attending an event.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 10, 2013 Mar 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi displaythis,

What you'll need to do is create a custom field for the discount codes and then add some JavaScriot that checks the entered code and adjusts the amount inside the amount field depending on if the code is correct or not.

If you need help with setting this up please reach out to me through the contact form at www.twoblokeswithapostie.com

Cheers,

Mario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2013 Apr 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mario,

Thanks for your info above. Does the workaround for multiple easts using JQuery get around the only one booking per email (user) issue - I can't see that it does but didn't know if you have a workaround you use if someone comes back leter and wants to book additional seats from the same email address.

Thanks heaps.

Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Craig,

There's no way around that one at this stage

_M

On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 11:42 AM, AustralianWebMarketing <

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mario,

Afraid that was going to be the answser - but many thnaks for your reply.

Cheers,

Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2013 Dec 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If we allow the customer to purchase more than one ticket to an event, is there a way (or will it do it automatically) to deplete the capacity for that event...? I hope to allow 20 tickets to my event and have the event removed from the site once the 20 spots are sold. I also hope that if the customer wants more than one ticket that they don't have to complete the webform numerous times...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 09, 2015 Feb 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mario,

Thanks for the code and example - much appreciated!

Have you ever created this kind of multiple seat booking where each of the individual participants was sent a package of materials after signup?

One of our clients wants to have a multiple seat signup like this one, but they also want each individual person to receive a package of materials automatically after signup.  They also want the package of materials to have a restricted number of downloads per IP address like an E-commerce product.  Do you know if something like this is possible?  We're trying to get a realistic sense before approaching our partners with the project.

Thanks,

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2015 Feb 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, for that you need each person to go into the CRM - Different and more complex process. Something we have done a number of times now.

With that you can then do stuff associated with their CRM entry - Cases, sending emails etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 10, 2015 Feb 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I see.  This seat booking is different from actually having each individual be entered into the CRM - that makes sense.

Thanks for letting me know this is possible.  Something like you described is beyond my current ability, but we can forward this to our development partners if our client wants to move forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Considering what you need to do, if they say it can not be done - contact us at Pretty to quote you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great thanks Liam, much appreciated.  It's looking like our client doesn't want to move forward because they don't want to spend any more money on features. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines