• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to login to FMS 4.5 Administration Console

Jul 01, 2012 Jul 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem

I'm in the process of upgrading our FMS install from 3.5.3 to 4.5.0.  After merging our config settings from 3.5 into 4.5 and starting the server streaming requests are processed as normal.  However I'm unable to access the admin console, attempts to do so result in the "Failed login attempt from <ip address> at <time>" error message in admin.00.log

I've tried follwing the "Edit the Users.xml file to add server administrators" section of

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flashmediaserver/configadmin/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d119f2925f73-7ffd.h...

So that my Users.xml starts with

<Root>

<UserList>

<User name="newadmin">

<Password encrypt="false">XXXXXXXXXX</Password>

<Allow></Allow>

<Deny></Deny>

<Order>Allow,Deny</Order>

</User>

And the newly added user still gives the same error so I'm looking for suggestions on what to try next to resolve the issue.

Solution

FMSAdmin in 4.5 does not store your password as clear text as it used to in 3.5. So putting a password in Users.xml will not work.

For setting the FMSAdmin password here's what you have to do:

1.  Set the username, which you already have- 'newadmin'

2.  Make sure FMSAdmin is not already running.

3.  Assuming you have installed a vanilla FMS on Linux, issue the following command from the shell

/opt/adobe/fms/fmsadmin –console –user newadmin

This will prompt you for a password. Make sure the password is minimum 8 characters.

4.  Now go to Users.xml and check under the password tag. You should see the Salted Hash of your password placed there.

5.  Now start your admin server. It should start without any hiccups and you can connect through the admin console.

This document was generated from the following discussion: Unable to login to admin console on FMS 4.5

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2013 Feb 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

when I run fmsadmin –console –user newadmin the Users.xml is unmodified.

I'm using  ami-36ada042 fms 4.5.5.8002. 

I also tried <password encrypt="false">...

I also tried chmod 777 Users.xml

I also tried connecting via ssh on cygwin and putty.

tia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines