• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

January Release (R183) FAQ

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2013 Jan 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new January release will be deployed on all datacenters today, on January 22nd.

Please refer to our official blog post for feature highlights and other major improvements for this release. Also, please check this forum document for minor improvements and bug fixes: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5012965

Please read below for a list of frequently asked questions and answers:

==== FAQ ====

Q: I was using the v2 interface previously. I just logged in and it took me to V3. Why is this?

A: As announced on the blog post, V3 has been made the default interface for all partner users, with the ability to switch back to the older V2 interface from the  User Details dropdown menu.

We’re  giving you 3 months to train and make sure your clients are migrated over to  using the new V3 Admin interface, before making it the default interface for  all users starting with our April/early-May system update.

Q: How do I get to Partner Portal, the interface has changed and I can't find the Partner Portal button any more

A: You can access your Partner Portal by hovering over the Partner Logo shown in the top left part of your screen:

pp.png

Q: The ribbon at the top has changed, and I don't see any of the old buttons any more. How do i access the new File Manager?

A:  The labels from new ribbon at the top have been changed to be more intuitive. From left to right:

Preview - opens the site front-end in a new tab, so you can see your changes

Content - opens the site in InContext Editing, so that your client can make changes

Develop - opens the new File Manager

Manage Site - opens the site's Administration Console

Q: I have just logged in and gone to File Manager->Pages, and instead of the tree view of pages, I see a grid with the page names, URLs and template used. How do I get the Tree view back?

A: To switch to Tree view, go to File Manager->Pages, and click the Tree view at the top:

tree.png

Q: How do I access the "Manage Redirects" interface to create/import 301 redirects?

A: The Manage Redirects interface has been moved from the Pages screen, as a new sub-menu entry under Site Manager:

url_redirects.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant work BC team! Thank you for a smooth update

The new UI tweaks are great but placement of the labels in the main nav are a bit hard to get used to, already hitting the preview button without thinking.

Can I put wish list request in for a new ordering or the ability to arrange the order:

1. Manage
  2. Content
  3. Develop
  4. Preview

Cheers,

sf d-)=

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2013 Jan 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephen,

One thing you can do to avoid being stuck in the site front-end because you've accidentaly clicked on Preview, is to enable the toolbar on site front-end as well. For that, just login to the Partner Portal, go Settings > Partner Settings and check the "Enable front end navigation ribbon for all my sites" box. This will also display the ribbon when you're in site front-end and you'll be able to switch right back to admin.

Cristinel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for pointing that out Cristinel, that's a really helpful feature.

Cheers,

Stephen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance that the following can be included in V3 interface:

1. A link to SEO settings to switch on and off the sitemap when required. I know sitemap is enabled by default now, but I still need easy access to this area.

2. Menu preview. Why is this not available in V3 yet? I always have to go back to V2 to preview menus I am constructing.

Otherwise, great work!

Thanks,

Mary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mary,

Thanks for the V3 feedback!

1. If you'd like to use a custom sitemap.xml file, simply upload it to your site. If this file exists, it will be served instead of the BC-generated sitemap.xml.

To turn off sitemap, just create a blank sitemap.xml file, and delete it when you'd like to turn it back on.

Does this work for you?

2. We'll look into adding the menu preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cristinel,

It would be great to have menu preview in V3!

Thanks for that info about the sitemap.xml. I have had to reset it for a couple of our client sites now as the .businesscatalyst.com urls were indexed and the client's needed them to disappear.

So I guess I upload a blank sitemap.xml into the main directory of the website? How does BC know that this is the correct one? Or should I name it differently and submit that dnewname-sitemap.xml into Google webmaster and then change back to sitemap.xml later?

In other words I gather that sitemap.xml is enabled for all sites and won't be accessible soon to switch on and off. So creating another sitemap and submitting that to google is the way to go?

Thanks so much,

Regards,

Mary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mary

So I guess I upload a blank sitemap.xml into the main directory of the website?

Yes. BC detects the special filename "sitemap.xml" and it will serve this instead of it's own autogenerated one.

There is no need to submit it to Google. Google will just access yoursite.com/sitemap.xml as usual.

To turn BC's version back on, just delete your sitemap.xml and wait 24 hours for BC's version to kick in.

Marius

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was very excited about the ribbon on the front end, however I found it simply overlayed on top of my website thus rendering the top 40px unusable, in some cases where menu items existed. I would have thought it would have sat on top and pushed the website down. unfortunately because of this I don't want to turn it on, unless it can be fixed. (Im using FF17/OSX10.7.5)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dan,

We're aware of this issue and the engineering team will address it in a future patch or release. This issue will be added to the list of known issues following this release, available here: http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-3002

Kind regards,
Florin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2013 Jan 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent upgrade. I noticed Develop is only showing for partner admin and not client admin. I have several clients capable of using Develop but not happy with the normal page editor (which tends to alter code). Develop could also be useful for subcontractors doing smaller tasks. It would be ideal if partners could select whether Develop shows in the client admin or not.

Cheers

Graham

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2013 Jan 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Graham,

As a workaround, especially for subcontractors, you could ask them to create a free partner account (with the same email as used on the site). Then they'll see the Develop tab too.

Or, after giving them the "Can access File Manager & FTP" permission, ask them to sign into Admin Console and manually navigate to yoursite.com/AdminConsoleXT/fileManager URL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2013 Jan 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Two things I hope are changed in future releases -- 1.) SEO now seems to have gotten harder to manage than easier with way have to do sitemaps outlined above; and 2.) access to develop as Graham notes....currently not intuitive or ease of use to provide access...agree with Graham should be able to tick that on/off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines