If your document already contains renderable (selectable) text, you may want to disable the ExportPDF service from performing OCR on your document. Disabling OCR may help in the following situations:
- Speeding up large file conversions
- Converting files that may have failed when OCR was enabled
- Troubleshooting font-related issues encountered post-conversion.
To disable ExportPDF's ability to recognize text, please take the following steps:
Disable OCR in Adobe Reader XI
Note: You cannot disable OCR if you convert from either Adobe Acrobat Reader DC or the web interface at https://cloud.acrobat.com.
- With the PDF you want to convert open, choose Tools and click Export PDF.
- Click Change (pictured here).
- Within the OCR Settings dialog box, choose Disable Text Recognition (see below).
- Click OK.
- Click Convert to begin the conversion process.