Adobe Send FAQ

If your question isn't listed here, please post your question in the Adobe Send forum and we'll answer it as soon as we can.

What's Adobe Send?

How do I access Adobe Send?

What kind of files can I send?

What sources can I send files from? Do they have to be stored on my desktop?

Can I send files from my mobile device?

Do I have to share with someone specific, or can I share with many people at once?

Can I use my own logo/branding with Adobe Send?

How can people access the files I send them?

Where do I see all the files I've sent?

What kinds of information does Adobe Send track?

Can I check on who's viewed the file?

Does Adobe Send work with Microsoft Outlook?

What's Adobe Send?

Adobe Send is a new service that makes it easy to send and track large files online as part of an improved, integrated set of Adobe document services. You can send files you have stored on Acrobat.com or upload files from your desktop. Sending a file is just like sending an email (read: no training necessary!), and you’re notified as soon as someone views or downloads the file you sent. To subscribe to the service, click here.

How do I access Adobe Send?

You can sign into Adobe Send with your favorite web browser at https://cloud.acrobat.com/send, where you’ll also find a few other services to help you with your document-related work tasks. Since Adobe Send is an online service, there is no software to download or install. If you have the latest version of Adobe Reader installed, you can also send documents directly from there by opening your Tools pane and expanding "Send Files". Just make sure you're signed in to Adobe Reader with the Adobe ID you used to subscribe to Adobe Send.

What kind of files can I send?

Many kinds of files! You can send people big PDF files, PowerPoint files, Word documents or Excel spreadsheets. You can share files you created with your Creative Cloud applications and ZIP files. You can even share audio and video files. There are a few kinds of files that we do not allow to be shared with Adobe Send. These excluded filetypes include:

• Font formats (such as TTF, DFONT, OTF)
    • Archive formats (TGZ, RAR 7Z, SIT, JAR, WAR, CAB)
    • System files and executable formats (EXE, DLL, JS, VB, BAT, CMD, COM, CPL, SH, CSH, TCSH, KSH, BASH, ZSH, INF, HTA, HLP, INS, ISP, VB, JSE, LNK, MS, PIF, SCR, SHS, WS)
    • Web files (CHM, CRT)
    • Database files (MDB)
    • Raster image files (PCD, SCT)

What sources can I send files from? Do they have to be stored on my desktop?

Adobe Send lets you send files that you’ve got stored on your computer or files that you’ve already uploaded to your Acrobat.com cloud storage. That gives you the flexibility of always having access to your important documents, whether you want to share them or simply access them from wherever you are. For more information about storing documents with Acrobat.com, click here.

Can I send files from my mobile device?

Why, yes you can! Adobe Send works within the Acrobat.com world of services, so whenever you sign into your account from a mobile browser, you’ll see Send as one of your options. (Please note: The mobile experience is optimized for tablets, so if you’re sending from your phone, please be aware that the whole page may not fit on your screen.)

Do I have to share with someone specific, or can I share with many people at once?

You have two options when it comes to sharing files:

• You can send an email to a specific person or several people, which will give them access to that file.
    • You can share a “Public Link” which you can publish at will (you can also just email that public link to a few people, if that’s what you prefer). Please note that a public link will not provide personalized tracking or viewing information.

Can I use my own logo/branding with Adobe Send?

We're glad you asked: Yes, you can. When you're signed into Adobe Send from a browser, you can upload a logo and choose a custom color for all outgoing communications from your Adobe Send account. Just check the box marked "Add Your Logo & Color".

Screen Shot 2014-10-15 at 12.44.34 PM.png

How can people access the files I send them?

When you send someone a file, they’ll receive an email notification that the file is available for them. When they click the link in the email, they’ll be taken to a page where they can preview that file (in most cases*) and download it. They should be able to go through this process from a computer, a tablet, or a smartphone.

* Previewing works for certain file types, like PDF, graphics, and Microsoft Office files, but not others, like video files or ZIP files.

Where do I see all the files I've sent?

When you’re logged into your account, you have two ways to find the files you’ve sent.

• In the Send tab, click the link that says “View all sent files”.
    • In the Files tab, find the shortcut in the left-hand pane that says “Sent Files”.

You can then click on a transaction for more information and all that file’s tracking data.

What kinds of information does Adobe Send track?

Adobe Send will show you a few different kinds of information about a sent file:

• When the file was sent
    • Whom it was sent to (or if you shared a public link instead of sending to individuals)
    • How frequently a file sent via a personalized link has been previewed by each recipient
    • When it was previewed by each recipient

Can I check on who's viewed the file?

When you send a personalized link to specific individuals, Adobe Send will track when those individuals preview or download the file. If you share a public link, however, Adobe Send will not keep track of who previews or downloads the file.

Does Adobe Send work with Microsoft Outlook?

Yes! You can download an Outlook plugin to easily send large files through your email client (without actually emailing an attachment, of course). If you've been using the SendNow plugin for Outlook, you can expect similar functionality and behavior. The Adobe Send plugin works with Office 2010 and 2013, and is available as either 32-bit or 64-bit. Learn more and download the plugin here.