FormsCentral: Retirement FAQ

Version 11

To read in another language, please choose from the options below:

Danish / German / Spanish / Finnish / French / Italian / Norwegian / Dutch / Portuguese (Brasil) / Swedish

Why is Adobe retiring FormsCentral?

Adobe is committed to delivering exceptional software and services to our customers. It’s in our nature to innovate and try new things, and it was in this spirit that we introduced FormsCentral over three years ago. Unfortunately, not enough people have chosen this path. As we look to the future, and all the opportunities ahead, we need to focus our efforts on new areas of growth. Our focus will be to continue to provide world-class PDF creation products and cloud-based services that enable our customers to work with PDFs anywhere, on any device.

When is Adobe retiring FormsCentral?

FormsCentral was retired on July 28, 2015.

I use web forms. What are my alternatives for finding a new service?

There are several forms solutions that offer functionality similar to FormsCentral. Some of these services provide a way to import your existing FormsCentral forms. Popular choices include: Cognito, FormSite, Formstack, JotForm, Survey Monkey, and WuFoo.

Please note: Adobe does not control, endorse, or accept responsibility for the content of third-party web sites or your dealings with any third party.

I use the PayPal integration. What are my alternatives for finding a new service?

Of the forms solutions listed above, all of them support PayPal integration except Survey Monkey.

I use PDF forms. What are my alternatives?

You can use Adobe Acrobat to collect form data automatically and compile it in a table format. Data can be exported to a spreadsheet for further analysis or to create charts for summary reports. Find more information here.

How long can I keep using the FormsCentral desktop app included with Acrobat Pro XI?

You can continue to use the FormsCentral desktop app in the near term. As of June 23, 2015, you may use the app to create and save new PDF forms, but you cannot go online and collect data. When you upgrade to the next generation of Acrobat, the FormsCentral desktop app will be uninstalled completely.

Will Adobe continue to bundle the FormsCentral desktop app with Acrobat Pro?

No, the FormsCentral desktop app will not be included with future releases or versions of Acrobat Pro.

Can I continue to launch FormsCentral from Acrobat?

You may continue to use the FormsCentral desktop app for creating PDF forms until you update or upgrade your Acrobat software, but the app will not connect to any online component or offer the ability to collect data or publish web forms. Furthermore, we will not be supporting the application once FormsCentral is retired in July, and so cannot ensure functionality moving forward.

Is Adobe exiting the forms business?

Not at all. Forms are critical to many business processes, and Adobe offers a wide range of software products that help businesses collect data electronically and integrate with back end business systems. Acrobat is one example, where we're seeing a tremendous growth in PDF forms used in combination with electronic signatures (examples include sales contracts, procurement agreements, and human resources onboarding documents for new hires).

See also: How will billing work for my current FormsCentral subscription?