Latest example puppets are now available at:
https://www.adobe.com/go/chexamples

TOPICS
Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2015 Aug 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Didn't see the link to the "OkaySamuraiPuppetPack" (with 4 new characters) from Dave Werner's great video above, so copying it here for completeness:

Here are some free example puppets I created to help you get started:

http://adobe.ly/1K89iBD

Feel free to modify and use these guys however you want, no credit needed. Hopefully they help you get started with your own original characters!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2016 Aug 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

Whenever I try to open the example projects ( Character Animator Examples- Preview 4 and Okay Samurai Examples), it shows the error:

Can't open project, because it was created with a newer version(1.0.4)... Where can I update or what can I do?

Thanks for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2016 Aug 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preview 4 was released a little over a month ago - you'll have to update After Effects to the latest version, 2015.3 - Preview 4 is included with that. You should have a Creative Cloud installer - here's how to update: Download and install Adobe Creative Cloud apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2016 Aug 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oksamurai, are all the free puppet examples you provide and those in Character Animator free to use and build upon for commercial purposes as well?  Thank you and the team for the many great in-depth tutorials!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 15, 2016 Aug 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep - feel free to use them for whatever creative projects you have! The only thing you can't do is sell them - they're free and meant for everyone to help learn Character Animator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2016 Aug 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU so much. I'm just getting my head around Character Animator, and it's thanks to all your work! Cheers!

Is there a place you'd like us to share finished work?

Best,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2015 Aug 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, are the puppets still available, because the link is broken - the files are not available anymore.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2015 Aug 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Swenia, which link are you referring to?  They all work fine for me.

(After clicking, look at the upper right of the page, where it says either "Save to Creative Cloud" or "Download.")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2015 Aug 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks, it seems it was an temporarly... thanks for answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2015 Nov 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the online manual you are using a empty template.
I can't seem to find it on my mac or online. Why isn't it build in the app instead of having to do the same routine over and over again.

I create a new puppet now I get the blue guy and I neet to first delete the whole lot to start from scratch. Does not make sense to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Nov 01, 2015 Nov 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What online manual did you use? I tried to work with an empty template -- just the layers with all images removed, but found it more time consuming than just replacing what was there. I lost track of where things went in the layer.

So I'd like to try the empty template you mention if you can point me there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2015 Nov 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm refering to Character Animator Tutorial - YouTube

For me it saves time having a empty layer document or at least a quick way to put in the correct layer names.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2016 Oct 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think I will understand all of this. I want to make like a Halloween Poster, or highlight words. I think my free trial will end now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2016 Oct 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cheryl - If you're looking to make a printed poster, Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign may be better bets; Character Animator is a video animation program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2016 Oct 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just thought I'd share my first Character Animation. 

How to make a Halloween Jack-o'-lantern (song) - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2016 Oct 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great timarasa ! Thanks for sharing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2016 Oct 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, how to delete the message "press h for help" ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2016 Oct 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Erwan21​ If you dig into the folders on the left you should see the "Instructions" puppets - you can turn the visibility for those off or just delete them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to have an example baby or child puppet?  I've tried to swap out the body parts in the examples given but it never looks quite right I am beginning a project where I need to animate a small child or infant and a mom --- as part of a training program for parents of deaf children. I think my problem is the body proportions -- don't know how to substitute the example puppets with different body proportions and maintain all the rigs. 

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Smart Ears​ No baby examples I know of (yet), sorry. I would resize the character in Photoshop and redo/remove any body rigging in Character Animator - resizing isn't going to translate things like draggable & fixed handles or sticks well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

I will need to create one from scratch and see how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey okSamuri, In your video on youtube (I am posting this on your channel as well), you demonstrated those eyes and eyebrows with mouth combo that is downloadable. Where can I find that face package that is pre-rigged. Can I go through each layer in photoshop and change the color, shape and location individually?

Also, can I put a png string of files into animate cc? Does character animator have any connections to animate cc where I can import?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay Samurai Puppet Pack is here: http://adobe.ly/297v7Wg. Check out the shareable puppet files in there. When you bring it into CH, try Edit > Edit Original to open it up and edit in Photoshop. No direct connections to Animate CC yet - but we hear that as a common request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines