Find Answers to questions
Go to the Forums Home page & choose your product community (from the icons or the All Forums dropdown menu).
Then, you can search in the Search pod.
Or you can use the site-wide search at the top right to search all forums.
Ask a question or join a conversation
- If you didn't find what you were looking for in search, you can ask a new question.
- You must be signed in to ask a question. You must have an Adobe ID to sign in. If you don't already have an Adobe ID, register for one.
- Navigate to the appropriate product space & scroll to bottom of page:
Explore the Community
Set up your profile
Your user profile provides community members with an easy way to learn about your experience, skills, and interests. Your profile shows up in search results when community members search for keywords contained in your profile. You can update your information at any time.
To set up your profile:
- Click your avatar in the upper right corner and then click Edit profile.
- Click the Avatar & Photos tab to change your photo and avatar. Your photo is a great way for people to "meet" and recognize you in person.
- Click the Your Profile tab and fill in as much profile information as you like. Note that your profile will be found when people search, so if you have professional roles or interests that would be useful for others to know about, be sure to include them.
- To edit your screen name, go to accounts.adobe.com/profile
- Click Privacy to edit your privacy settings. These control how different types of users see your profile.
Make sure to save your changes!
Following & Email Notifications
We recommend following threads you're interested in using the Inbox option, as you are automatically subscribed to follow using this option when you reply to a thread. Then, if you'd like you can turn on your email notifications for 'Inbox' so you are also notified via email when there is activity on a thread.
We recommend following spaces using the Connections Stream option & then making sure your email notifications are off for Connections Stream (since spaces get much more activity than individual threads).
To adjust your email notifications, click your avatar in the upper right and then Preferences. Select on and off for each option. This is our recommended set up for the above process:
Be sure to scroll to the bottom of the page to Save the change.
News & Streams
The News page functions as a central news page for your community.
The top ribbon of the News page organizes community activity into streams such as Following, All Activity, and your own custom streams. From any stream, you can view and interact with activity that flows through your community.
The News view aggregates and displays only new content posted in your News and Following streams. However, unlike your other streams, the News view does not show content updates and comments in the stream. In addition, content that gets updated or interacted with is not bumped to the top of the News view.
Your Custom Streams
Click New Stream to create a custom stream containing only activity related to the people, places, and items you specify. You can have one custom stream or several. For example, you might create a "My Current Project" stream to follow everything related to your current project.
All Activity: Most Recent, Top & Trending
The Most Recent stream shows all public activity in your community that you have permission to see. Watching this can be useful if you are new to the community and want to find people, places, and content to add to your custom streams. Top & Trending Stream shows the most valuable and interesting community activity. What you see here is generating a lot of likes and comments.
Click the button next to your avatar in the upper right corner to see your Inbox, which includes things you've participated in: direct messages, @mentions, and shares, plus any items you pulled in by following them in Inbox.
Use the following tips and tricks to get the most out of your Inbox:
- Use the Filter drop-down menu in Inbox to sort the view to @mentions, messages, notifications, or shares.
- Click the Jane Doe box and enter a user's name to filter by participant. You'll see only the items that include this person as a participant.
- Manage your unread communications and follow-ups using the blue dot toggle next to messages you haven't read yet and clicking Unread Only to see only the messages marked with the blue dot.
- When you click the Split View icon in the top right of the Inbox stream and then select a message, you'll see the content of the message in the lower pane and the list of messages in the upper pane.
- Get rid of activity on any item that no longer interests you by clicking Hide new activity in the lower pane of the split-pane view. The current activity stays in your Inbox, but you'll see no more update alerts for that item. (Click Start following in Inbox to restore Inbox notifications for that item).
Your View lets you set up a page just for yourself so you can get to your most-used items quickly. You can change what you see from Your View whenever you want. For example, you might want to update Your View when you change projects or teams, or when you just want to watch new things in your community. Learn how to customize Your View.
The Forum Help space is our main resource hub for getting help and learning about these Adobe forums. You can view best practices, guidelines, and tips here.
The Forum Comments space is a place to discuss the Adobe forums. Use this space to ask questions and discuss the forums themselves, not Adobe products.
The Connections space is our own virtual cafe, where you can discuss creative topics and brainstorm with fellow forum users. This is the place to go to get to know your community.
The Showcase space highlights tutorials from our ACPs, our users. Check it out to learn more about our products and find experts with similar interests as you!