• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crazy slow upload in lightroom cc desktop

Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am struggling with lightroom cc upload speed.

I have a 21 Mbps (measured) upload performance on cable broadband at home. This is pretty consistent, and supported by uploads to sites like icloud, crashplan, work (vpn).

I am based in the UK

A number of weeks back (3+) I started a migration of my catalog (around 0.5TB) from lightroom classic to lightroom CC. I still have over 15kimages to upload (of over 100k), but see the upload is amazingly slow . I have traffic stats generated on my router and can see the current upload is < 0.01Mbps. The last day I've perhaps uploaded 3GB, whilst if I run a big backup or similar I can do 10s, even 100sGB (I pretty much get zero throttling)

I have to say I'm very disappointed thus far in what CC offers. I'm a month in and have got zero value thus far. The application needs too much c: space, has been buggy, doesn't checkpoint in the early stages of migrating, uploads ridiculously slowly, loses features like face detection, mobile upload is clunky, silly messages about being restricted to two devices. An awful experience. I really expected better

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What were you using before you chose Lightroom CC? What was your motivation for choosing Lightroom CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd been using lightroom classic for a reasonable number of years. purely as an amateur to help catalog my photos. Initially these were mostly from my DSLR, but in recent years I've used my dslr less, and iPhone (7 plus) more.  some lifestyle changes too... so I was close to abandoning lightroom and just going with local disk hierarchy, open source editing & cloud backup.

Then lightroom cc was announced and it seemed a good match for what I now do.. hence why I jumped in. On the surface of it it sounds spot on what I'd like. Edit/catalog from ANYWHERE (surface, phone, laptop, desktop), sadly there's some disappointments in the delivery

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Judging from where you are coming from, it would seem that the new Lightroom CC would be absolutely tailored for what you want to do. Personally, I cannot use the new iPhone technologies. I won't go into detail, but I just cannot. I have my dSLR that I enjoy, and that's about it. I have played with the new Lightroom CC a bit, but Lightroom Classic CC is much more to my liking. I think Lightroom CC will eventually be very usable, but it is probably going to take some time and some refining both on Adobe's part and on the part of the users as they fully understand how to use and fully implement cloud technology. In the meantime, I suspect there is going to be a lot of frustrating moments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeeezzz... It's like 30-40 photos per hour and 1000 photos to go. And every time with some pictures not uploaded and "original corrupted", which is BS.

I *really* like the new interface and the new, simpler flow. I never needed all features of "Classic" so I moved on. But this is unusable... I'm close to call them and ask for refund.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i totally agree. im still waiting for everything of mine to upload and sync. seeing as this is the main reason for this application it seems crazy that it works so badly. i've been sitting waiting and waiting for uploads. its really gotten my down. not having any reply from adobe isnt great either. would be nice to have some feedback on this.

has anyone any ideas on things we can do ourselves to speed things up?

i think adobe need to talk us regarding this though.

happy holidays everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually left them feedback via the lightroom web page. Login to lightroom.adobe.com -> Lr icon -> Send feedback (or something).

I let the steam out there. Hope someone reads it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There could be many reasons for your upload to slow down. Some mad be due to Adobe but many are due to various other reasons. I had the same concern when uploading. I only had 10,200 photos at 160G but it seemed like forever to upload. I started an upload early in the morning, let it run all day and night, and found it had completely stalled sometime during the evening. Once I got it started again, it seemed very slow. I contacted Adobe and shared my PC with the technician. He could find nothing wrong and the upload was progressing. After the call, I rebooted then monitored the the transfer rate which was now using my available bandwidth (12MBPS). At that time I had 6,000 more photos to go. The upload eventually finished in the calculated time @ 12MBPS.

After all was done, I really liked the interface and the workflow but sorely missed several features not in LR CC. Additionally, I had chosen to keep the originals on my PC. However, LR CC did not use my original location but copied all the photos to another location thereby doubling my space used. That is not a problem because I have plenty of space but what I did not like is the original LR CC Classic photos were now disassociated from the ones in LR CC. Anything I did in LR CC Classic was not reflected in LR CC and vice-versa.

I seriously like and use features in LR CC Classic which are missing in LR CC and have decided to revert back to LR CC Classic until Adobe can include those in LR CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone managed to solve the uploading problem yet?

I have the same issue where uploading has ground to a halt, yet with super-fast broadband.

I called Adobe technical support and they told me to sign out and then in again which got things going again but then ground to a halt again.

Originally tried to upload 10,000 images (mixture of JPEG and RAW), then tried deleting one folder which had the bulk of the images as thought this may be causing the traffic jam. But for some reason LR CC desktop version seems to think it still needs to sync these files!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello friends,
if you are dissatisfied with the upload ... wait for the download.
I have a 200 Mbps constant broadband connection at home. For my 56,000 images with about 800 GB, Lightroom CC took more than three weeks for the migration. For 3 weeks now I try to resynch the pictures from the cloud on a new computer in Lightroom classic in a new catalog. Lightroom classic has currently synchronized 14,000 images of 56.00 images. It is estimated that synchronization will take at least another 12 weeks.

I think Adoba is by far the slowest cloud storage in the world and for the price also the most expensive.

@Woojo01
Absolutely correct what you say, but you can continue to use Lightroom Classic and also use the features in the cloud by creating a new catalog in LL Classic after the migration and resynch the images from the cloud with Lightroom Classic again. The only problem is that the download takes about 10  times longer than the upload.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I just got back from my vacation and I added 1,800 pictures to the library. When I shoot 20-30, I don't notice the upload since between tagging and such it gets them all, now I've done all my tagging and everything and I still have 1,200 more to upload! It's been hours! I have a 600mb upload / download fiber optic connection, so it's not my connection. This is a big issue because I'd like to get off my desktop and continue doing other things. I've restarted both Lightroom and my PC, and router just in case (not the issue).

Adobe, please fix this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently start to use LR on my IPad, everything is good. quite enjoying editing the photo on the IPad. So I install it to my PC, there is problem on syncing on the photo. Mobile Version is better than the desktop version!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also switched to Lightroom CC and uploaded my 260GB of pictures. This process went quite quickly and as you would expect. However, now I want to download all the originals on a new computer through the desktop Lightroom CC application through the feature "store a copy of all originals at the specified location" in the application settings. The speed Lightroom CC can download images is extremely slow. Most of the time the download speed is about 300KB/s and then there are some burts where I get 17MB/s (see screenshot). These bursts come in almost predictable intervals. It seems like Adobe servers might fetch the images from somewhere and this fetching takes a little time to set up... just thinking. I think if this is the case they should up their game and invest in better infrastructure to provide the well paying customer with an adequate amount of performance. 

Screenshot 2019-07-09 at 20.17.23.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines