• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activation of Photoshop from Adobe Creative Suite (old version 1)

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long time I purchased the earliest version of Adobe Creative Suite Premium (version 1, according to a lady from Adobe who was not able to help me).  I have been using Illustrator quite regularly (no problems, even after changing my computer quite a few times).  Recently I tried to use Photoshop for the first time (I have it installed on my Windows 7 system along with all the components of the Suite).  However, it asks for an activation and neither "over the Internet" not "over the phone" options do not work.  I contacted Adobe people on the phone and after a 40 minute waiting I was informed that the older versions of the Suite (1 to 3) are no longer supported and they (the Adobe people) are not able to help me.  I was suggested to go to the forum for help - so I am doing it.  Anny suggestion how to activate this?  To make sure, I have a leagaly purchased Suite with the valid serial number (as confirmed by Adobe during my conversation).

Hoping for some hints,

Andrzej

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The reason is the activation servers were long retired, so your old serial number and install media will no longer work.

Adobe has provided a free installer and serial number for CS and CS2 owners affected by this shutdown.

Download Adobe Acrobat 7 and Adobe Creative Suite 2 products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines