• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't export a 12000x13000 pixel Jpeg? Max scale is 80%?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue exporting a 300dpi image (tried it on 8 bit, and 16 bit) 12000x13000 Jpeg file, and it's doing a max scale of 80%. It doesn't matter if I turn it to PNG or Jpeg in the "export as" window as it's stuck on 80%. I'm trying to export at 300dpi, I'm running the latest PS CC, and I've updated, restarted, etc. I can go to a lower percentage, but not 100%. I know I'm within the 30,000x30,000 pixel range, so can someone please inform me of what I'm overlooking? Thank you all so much in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Don't use Export for this. Export is intended for screen viewing at appropriate pixel dimensions. You can feed it reasonably big files, but the output from Export is normally quite small files.

At this size, you'd use the standard "Save As" procedure.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't use Export for this. Export is intended for screen viewing at appropriate pixel dimensions. You can feed it reasonably big files, but the output from Export is normally quite small files.

At this size, you'd use the standard "Save As" procedure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much D Fosse! That worked! I've been working with photoshop for quite some time (self-taught), but never had to export such a large image as I've always done web and not for print.  So thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines