• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tone Curve in the new Lightroom CC

Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello friends!

Can anyone tell me where can I find the Tone Curve in the new Lightroom CC?

I've searched for it in all the corners of the new Lightroom CC and could't find anything.

Strange is that there are Presets which use the Tone Curve for creating the Flat effect or Matte effect, but there's no option to do it manually or to adjust that effect.

If the new Lightroom CC doesn't have this tool, well, I rather prefer the old version of Lightroom. It's true, the new version is more simple, easy to work with it, new and a nice look, but less options for editing? I hope not and if it's so, I really hope Adobe won't remove the Classic version.

Best regards!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

There's not a UI for it quite yet, but all the code is there behind the scenes and it's in the mobile apps, so I don't think it'll be long.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's not a UI for it quite yet, but all the code is there behind the scenes and it's in the mobile apps, so I don't think it'll be long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no tone curve in Lightroom CC. Lightroom CC is a completely new editing tool that only has a fraction of the features of the old Lightroom which is now named "Lightroom Classic". It is more akin to a port of the mobile (iOS/Android) version of Lightroom to the Desktop than it is to Lightroom. The only reason to move to Lightroom CC is if you really want all your images to be stored in the cloud instead of on local disks and that is more important than losing all the other features (printing, syncing develop settings to more than one image at a time, tone curves, nested keywords, slideshows, etc.).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I definitely prefer the old Lightroom, but mine automatically updated! Is there any way to get back to the old lightroom with Camera Calibration as I can't get my editing style with the new update! Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your old Lightroom should still be installed. You can find it most easily in the creative cloud app. Scroll until you see Lightroom Classic CC. You can update it there too to the latest version which is very close to the old version but faster and doesn't store everything in the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't have a completely hands free update mechanism, but you most likely hit the Update button next to Lightroom CC title in the CC app, without realizing they'd renamed the "old" one. Go to the CC app and hit Install or Update next to the Lightroom Classic app instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Charz14, check the picture. If you have the Adobe Creative Cloud app, scroll down the list and look for the Adobe Lightroom Classic and hit Install button or update. To manually check for an update, hit the 3 dots button besides your profile picture and then Check for App Updates. You can also uninstall the new Lightroom CC if you don't want it and keep only the old version, now named Lightroom Classic. The situation is available for both Mac OS and Windows.

Best regards!

adobe.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Um... the mobile version had tone curve. I don't know how to reproduce any of my older presets without it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

annexchurch  wrote

Um... the mobile version had tone curve. I don't know how to reproduce any of my older presets without it.

Are you aware that what USED to be Lightroom CC is now Lightroom Classic CC? Lightroom CC is NOW a new program aimed at those who want all of their image files to be cloud-based. It is a version 1 program. It will evolve and grow with time. But if you want all the features that you are accustomed to you might consider using Lightroom Classic CC and just experimenting with the new Lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really don't understand why Adobe doesn't use curves anymore.

I also don't understand why there are curves on the Mobile App - ANDDD why i need to pay for that extra.

WTH!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have to pay extra. The mobile apps are free, and the premium features are included with your subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for your answers.

1. How do I get rid of the subscriptions for the mobile app and why didn't it recognize me?

When I was using the free version it wouldn't allow me to use the brush for example, so I had to "rent" it.

2. About when will there be curves in Lightroom CC desktop version?

3. The name is Photoshop Lightroom CC actually, but if I click "open in Photoshop" when working in Lightroom,  it won't do it. What do I need to change?

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be signed into the mobile app with a different Adobe ID. That's the most likely suspect. If that doesn't do the trick, contact customer services so they can take a look at your account for you.

Here's Apple's page on cancelling App Store subscriptions: View, change, or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support

Curves in the desktop app, they haven't preannounced, but I'd expect it to be a high priority since it's already in the mobile apps.

To open in Photoshop, you'd need a subscription that includes Photoshop. There's a few plans, and I can't see which one you've got. Including Photoshop in the name was just a marketing thing done when Lightroom was released 10 years ago, to give it a bit of a leg up (because Photoshop was already a household name).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We have added the Tone Curve feature in our latest update for Lightroom CC which is Lightroom CC 1.1. Please update to the latest version from the Creative Cloud desktop app.

New features summary for the October 2017 and later releases of Lightroom CC

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Akash Sharma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This tone curve acts like it's soaked in tar. So sluggish all the time with my Canon raws, Fuji raws, PhaseOne Tiffs, etc...Why is this so slow compared to Photoshop or ACR?

Lightroom Classic version: 8.4.1 [ 201909111355-eb9b68f0 ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en
Operating system: Windows 10 - Home Premium Edition
Version: 10.0.17763
Application architecture: x64
System architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 8
Processor speed: 3.5 GHz
Built-in memory: 32701.2 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 32701.2 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 2299.2 MB (7.0%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 2720.6 MB
GDI objects count: 571
USER objects count: 2148
Process handles count: 2403
Memory cache size: 1586.3MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 11.4.1 [ 291 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 1110MB / 16350MB (6%)
Camera Raw real memory: 1111MB / 32701MB (3%)
System DPI setting: 144 DPI (high DPI mode)
Desktop composition enabled: Yes
Displays: 1) 3840x2160
Input types: Multitouch: Yes, Integrated touch: Yes, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:
DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (26.21.14.3630)

Application folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic
Library Path: D:\Lightroom Catalogs\Weddings\Wedding 2016\Wedding 2016-2.lrcat
Settings Folder: C:\Users\Joel\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom

Installed Plugins:
1) AdobeStock
2) ColorChecker Passport
3) Facebook
4) Flickr
5) Lightroom to Exposure
6) LogiOptions
7) Nikon Tether Plugin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines