Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some images do not print when in printed documentation

Dec 12, 2008 Dec 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been encountering this problem for over a year now...

I maintain over 20 projects in RoboHelp HTML. I have numerous printed document layouts defined. However, in what appears to be random situations, some of my images do not print. They display online just fine, but they are not visible in the printed documentation. Only a blank gap displays where the image should display. And there is no conditional build tag applied to any of these images. The reason I think it is random is because, if I perform the following test, the images print just fine:

- duplicate the printed documentation layout
- remove, from the duplicate copy, all of the pages surrounding a page that contains an image that does not print
- generate the duplicate copy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2008 Dec 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

There are several possibilities here as described in Printed Documentation issues on my site. Other possibilities are the amount of RAM available and the last one you will not believe. In the print layout move the book that contains a topic with one or more images that do not print, then generate again. I have seen that fix the issue. I know it is not a solution but it would help to know if that does work.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 15, 2008 Dec 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I had a similar problem with missing images. I never really solved it, but it (apparently) went away. One thing which helped was ensuring that none of my images had filenames containing spaces.

In addition, selecting Link images rather than Embed can be useful; missing images are then replaced by a red cross which makes it easier to locate the problem.

Also, in Word, you should uncheck Tools > Options > Print > Update Fields (that is for Word 2003).

--- Derek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp