• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

4 questions

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a few questions before purchasing.....

As an individual still developing animation skills what is the learning curve for Animate?

What is the monthly cost?

What type of animations does Animate make?

What companies use it?

Do you need illustrator to create animations?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

As an individual still developing animation skills what is the learning curve for Animate?

Animate is relatively easy to open and get started rather quickly when compared to other animation programs. It can be as simple as starting a new document, grabbing one of the many drawing tools, making a few strokes, inserting a blank keyframe, turn on onionskin and make more strokes. Repeat this and you'll have an animation.
You can also create an object on the stage, say a circle, convert it to a symbol

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Steep.

2. See this page:

Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

Roughly speaking, $20 per month for just Animate, normally $50 per month for every application, and if you order it today it would be $40 per month

3. Anything.

4. Lots.

5. No.

A couple of my Adobe buddies are expert pro animators. I will see if they can drop by to give more useful advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Animate is relatively easy to open and get started rather quickly when compared to other animation programs. It can be as simple as starting a new document, grabbing one of the many drawing tools, making a few strokes, inserting a blank keyframe, turn on onionskin and make more strokes. Repeat this and you'll have an animation.
You can also create an object on the stage, say a circle, convert it to a symbol (F8) and using a 2nd keyframe and a motion tween, move the object across the stage.
You can also get very advanced by taking advantage of "nesting" animation inside symbols and essentially layering animations over animations for unique effects.

I don't want to get too advanced on you but I've been using this program for almost 20 years and have not grown tired of using it. It's a blank canvas and it's as simple or as complex as you want it to be.

I always say, whatever you can draw you can animate.

What is the monthly cost?

See this:
Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

What type of animations does Animate make?

Animate is a 2D vector based animation tool. it also supports the importing of images and PSD and AI files. I think my portfolio might help explain the myriad of styles that can be created using Animate:
www.keyframer.com

What companies use it?

Impossible to list them all. Animate used to be called Flash and has been around for almost 20 years. it has been used by animation studios for TV, web, games and beyond. Advertisers use it. Creative agencies use it. Hobbyists use it. Independent professionals use it. It's ubiquitous.

Do you need illustrator to create animations?

No but if you already use Illustrator, you can import AI files directly into Animate while retaining layers. Animate's drawing engine is pretty cool as is tho.

Good luck!!!

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply _keyframer. I feel less bad about my answers now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey romanh38396473

While learning how to do traditional animation is hard no matter what tools you use (and here's some important principals to keep in mind: 12 basic principles of animation) one of the nice things about using Animate to do it is that it's instantaneous and you can instantly see your drawings are too fast to understand what's going on or are not clear. I find it extremely useful and have taught many on how to use Animate. Here's a partial list of series produced using Animate so you can see the scope of what's possible is pretty large.

List of Flash animated television series - Wikipedia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Proud to know you two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Aw shucks, back atcha, Colin!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines