• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change the 'Show' label at the top of a CS Help window?

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm wondering if you can help me. We are using Robohelp 2015 to author HTML webhelp and context-sensitive help for one of our applications. The webhelp and CS help content was originally authored in Robohelp 8, and we have since upgraded to RH2015. My issue is with the 'Show' link in the top left corner of the CS help windows. Its purpose is to display the TOC, index and search functionality. Feedback from our users indicated that this wasn't evident by the word 'Show', so in RH8 I was able to change the text to something less cryptic.

However, now in RH2015 I can't figure out where to edit that text. Since it was several years ago that I changed it, I can't remember where the control is either. I'm hoping someone on here knows where I can change the text.

CS help.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Project ribbon > Project Settings > General Tab > Advanced button > Labels. Scroll down and change as before.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

You should be able to change it by clicking the Project tab and Project Settings.

pun.jpg

From there, click the General tab and the Advanced button.

pun2.jpg

Lastly, click the Labels tab and scroll the list of terms to the WebHelp section and find the Show bit. Change the text to the right of the equals sign.

pun3.jpg

Generate the output again and see if it was changed! It should be. But if not, you may need to re-visit the steps and find a slightly different place to adjust it. It will surely be in this dialog.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rick's method is correct, but instead of using the property he highlighted, scroll through the list till you see the "Common" group of elements.

Select "Show" and then click "Edit" and change "Show" to "Show Contents" (or whatever you want to use).

I used this method and got predictable results.

I only wish that Adobe would let users control the popup window so that you could add the navigation pane by default. Through much digging, I found that you can open the CHS topics in a new browser window with the navigation pane displayed by default. See the article at Providing Web Applications with Context Sensitive Help Using RoboHelp WebHelp - CodeProject .

You'll need to get your developer to do some coding however.

Hope this helps- I know it's a bit late in coming!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp