Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How i can start with InDesign server

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola.

Tengo una tienda online y estoy muy interesado en utilizar InDesign Server para mejorar parte del proceso de funcionamiento, pero no encuentro donde se resuelven mis dudas en las FAQ ni en el foro. Actualmente ya usamos InDesign de escritorio.

Sobre el proyecto. Tienda online de álbumes impresos de fotos personalizados. Actualmente trabajamos en un servidor LAMP. El documento pdf previo a enviar a imprenta lo generamos con InDesign. Cada modelo de album es un poryecto de InDesign diferente con sus propias carácteristicas. Buscamos como automatizar este proceso de "descarga", "merge", "carga" que hace nuestro diseñador mediante la utilización de InDesign server.

Las dudas:

1- ¿Como le transfiero los datos? Habria que especificar el proyecto de InDesign a utilizar, los datos de los clientes y las imagenes de los clientes.

2- Una vez transferidos los datos ¿Como tendría que utilizar InDesign server? ¿Existe una API o similar? Necesitamos la función Merge que nos genera jpg y pdf.

3- Una vez generado el resultado en jpg y pdf, ¿que clase de script tiene que tener el proyecto inDesign server o mi web para recibir los resultados?. Desde mi web con php no tengo dificultades en desarrollar el script necesario para realojar los datos en su logar correpondiente, pero no encuentro como tendría que ser esto desde el inDesign server.

4- Con esto aclarado. ¿Como puedo probarlo e instalarlo? No me acaba de quedar claro como hay que solicitarlo a un partner o proevedor concreto, y no veo ninguno en su sección. Seria preferible en España o al menos en Europa, pudiendo ver capacidades y precios.

Yo soy el desarrollador de la tienda. Necesito saber todo esto para darle una estimación a mi socio antes de empezar a desarrollarlo, para la inversión necesaria que tendríamos que hacer.

Muchas gracias.

Hello.

In my online store we want to automatice the sale process with InDesign server. We already use desktop inDesign. I can't find in the FAQ how i can do it.

About he project. It's a custom printed album online shop. It works in a LAMP server. We generate the printing pdf and some jpgs with inDesign's merge. Each album option has his own InDesign project. We want to automatice this "download", "merge" and "upload" process that our designer does in every order with the server.

The questions:

1- How can I transfer the data from my store to the InDesign server? The data will consist in the project to use, the customer text and the customer images.

2- With that data ¿how can I execute the server? ¿There is an API or protocol? We need he Merge function to generate pdf and jpg.

3- With those pdf and jpgs, how can i send it to the store. Into the store server i can easily build a script to recive the data, but i can't find how i have to send it from the InDesign server.

4- With all of this done, how can I try and install it? I don't find the partners or distributors in that section.
It would have to be preferably in Spain or at least in Europe, with its capabilities and prices visible.

I am the developer of the store. I need to know all this to give my partner an estimate before starting to develop it, for the necessary investment that we would have to make.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Im reading the 4 documents in "nDesign Server documentation​​" (reached thx stack overflow, i still can't find this links in the inDesign server faq), and this blog post InDesign Server questions and answers ,  an I understand about the SOAP interface to send the data, how can i use it with javascript, and how can i execute it from php, what awnser my number 1 and 3 questions, but i still have diffucults about the 2 and 4.

When executing the script in the insesign server, i need to load a project that my partner is doing in the desktop indesign.

it's posibble to load the InDesign desktop project in the inDesign server? I found how i can create a document in InDesign server, but not how i can load an existing one. Im talking about the inbd and indd templates.

If yes, how can i execute the merge fuction that have the desktop version with the data that i recive from the main client? All the advertisings about id server tells that you can use it, but i can't find how.

If there is more documentation about this, send me the links, please.

About the instalation and the licensing. I still don't understand how can I use this. Reading the blog post i understand that i need the premium license, to let my costumers generate their albums, but i don't understand if I can host the Indesign Server instance in the host that i like or i need a adobe host that allow me. Is somewhere prices for this? This pdf helps a little http://wwwimages.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/us/en/procurement/pdfs/InDesign-CC-Server-Product-Licens..., but where is it supposed to hire the service?

Liks to indesign server hosting services or similar, pls

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines