• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Syncing RAW with dng

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I accidentally deleted the DNG files I had uploaded into LR... all the files were edited. I still have the RAWS saved to a different folder.  Is there a way to sync these raw files without losing the edited data?  My images still show up in LR but LR says the original file can't be found (because they were deleted).  I'm wondering if I can sync the original RAWS with the edited data in LR or if I need to upload and re edit all over again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

It seems to me that if you created DNG copies of those original raw files and placed them in the folder where the DNG files were that all of your editing would still be in place. I think what I would do in this situation is download the standalone DNG converter and run the conversion. I would use the current location of the raw files as the source folder and the original location of the DNG files as the destination folder. Then after the conversion is completed it seems to me that all you would

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems to me that if you created DNG copies of those original raw files and placed them in the folder where the DNG files were that all of your editing would still be in place. I think what I would do in this situation is download the standalone DNG converter and run the conversion. I would use the current location of the raw files as the source folder and the original location of the DNG files as the destination folder. Then after the conversion is completed it seems to me that all you would have to do is start Lightroom and all of your adjustments should still be intact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines