Expand my Community achievements bar.

Target on lightbox

Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to setup a conversion in a lightbox submit button.  The challenge is that because this is a lightbox, the page doesn't refresh when you click the button, thus the request doesn't fire.  Any recommendations on what I can do to solve this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ridder H. Manzanet

8 Replies

Level 10

Hi Ridder ,

Are you trying deliver Targeted content on the submit of a lightbox or you want to setup normal custom event conversion on the submission of a lightbox form ?

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

Level 1

Hi Parit,

Thanks for the quick reply.  To answer your question, I'm trying to setup a normal conversion event on submission.  The way that I did it was when a visitor clicks the submit button.  I'm including an image of the setup.  Let me know if you need additional information.

Thanks,

Ridder H. Manzanet

Employee Advisor

Ridder,

You need to fire an mbox call on the button click.  If you are using our new at.js library the method to use is trackEvent:

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/target/?f=r_target-atjs-trackevent

If you are using mbox.js you would use mboxDefine()/mboxUpdate().

Daniel

Employee Advisor

Ridder,

Just saw your screenshot.  I would think the UI-clicktracking you used should work even without a page refresh.  You don't see any mbox calls in your browser Network tab when you click the button?  Please note that if you are using the Preview Links to review your test experience that metrics don't increment with Preview Links.

Daniel

Level 1

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the information.  As you pointed out, I would think also that the counter would increase based on the setup that I did, but unfortunately that's not the case.  When I click the submit button, I don't see a request firing.  Also, I'm testing in our staging environment, without using the preview links.  

Thanks,

Ridder H. Manzanet

Level 10

Hi Ridder , 

Can you please open a ticket with Client Care to help you resolve the same as at this point .

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

Level 10

Hi Ridder, 

Were you able to get your query resolved after contacting client care. if yes, Please do update the solution on this thread so that it can benefit the larger community. 

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

Level 2

Were there any solutions to this issue?