• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting word docs to pdf

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I convert a Word document that has a signature inserted, the signature does not show on the PDF after conversion.  This was happening up until November 15th but all of a sudden appears not to be working properly.  I can't find the setting to change.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

When I did this it worked fine.  I've since done a test of another document, saved the word document then saved as a PDF and it seems to be working again.  Not sure how it got fixed as I haven't changed anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you creating the PDF file from Word? Does the signature disappear when you print the Word file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The signature remains on the Word file when printing.  To create the PDF, I select the Word file and click File Save as Adobe PDF.  I've also tried selecting the Acrobat Tab on the Word file and Creating PDF from there with the same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this signature a picture? Or something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The signature is a picture saved in a word document.  The weird thing is that this was working up until a couple of weeks ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Word, do you have "Print drawings created in Word" turned on under the Options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the same thing happen when you open the Word file directly in Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I did this it worked fine.  I've since done a test of another document, saved the word document then saved as a PDF and it seems to be working again.  Not sure how it got fixed as I haven't changed anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines