• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Kyle Webster Brushes vs. Tool Pre-sets?

Participant ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had purchased in the past several brushes from Kyle Webster (via Gumroad prior to his brushes being available now via Creative Cloud), and they were loaded as Tool Presets rather than Brushes. Now that I can download and use the Brush sets via Creative Cloud as Brushes, do I need to keep the same ones that are Tool Presets? E.g., if I load the Crosshatch Brush set as brushes via Creative Cloud, can I remove the Crosshatch Tool Presets from the Tool Presets folder?

Ivor

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

You can remove the duplicate versions in the Tool Presets if you desire. ( you could also convert the Tool Presets to Brush Presets via the flyout menu which also offers the choice to remove on conversion) Just because I am super careful though, I would make a backup copy just in case before deletion.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can remove the duplicate versions in the Tool Presets if you desire. ( you could also convert the Tool Presets to Brush Presets via the flyout menu which also offers the choice to remove on conversion) Just because I am super careful though, I would make a backup copy just in case before deletion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response, M Shaw! I'd started to convert some Tool Presets to Brushes, be it the ones from Kyle Webster, or Grut, and they all seem to have converted with no problem. I'll wait for a week or so to see if they work fine, and then will remove the Tool Presets since I'll have Brush versions.

Thanks, again!

Ivor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought the toolsets were critical to the functionality of some brushes.

Impasto tool combined with the oil brush, for instance.

Previously they were .tlp files and now they're .abr files.

We seem to have lost a lot of the cool functionality that made Kyle's brushes so good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brush presets have been enhanced to allow inclusion of the functionality that was in tool presets previously. The ABRs of Kyles brushes have all the same settings as his previous TPLs with the added benefit of preview and ability to be organized into folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer.

Where would the 'Impasto Only' tool now be, for instance? I couldn't find any of the Impasto functions that really bring the oil brushes to life. That was such a cool part of the oil brush tool set.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Keith, please stay tuned on this front- we are working on making these available soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great news. Awesome job on the brushes so far. Lots that I didn't already own. Can't wait for updates. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines