Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Synced (or waiting to be synced) 1GB .tif files open in photoshop as 1 layer

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

First post here.  I have many multi layer tif files shat show in the new lightroom cc as roughly 1gb (not sure why they're that big as they are generally 8-10 layers).  The corresponding raf originals are 32mb or so.  My expectation was that when I sent those tif files to be edited in photoshop, the layers would be intact.  Instead they show as only the background layer, which i can edit and it syncs fine, but i cannot change prior PS edits as those layers are gone.  Not the end of the world as I will keep a copy of the original, but LR CC shows a huge file size for something that is only a background layer.  Does anyone have any insights on this?  Many thanks.

Jason

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jason,

Could you please let us know is this happening with only one specific file or multiple files?

Also, what are the dimension of the file?

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines