• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF corrupted text - Photoshop CC v19.0

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am writing a file to a PDF with the latest version of Photoshop CC running OS X Sierra and all special characters are being substituted with a different special character. For example: em dash is getting subsituted with the double-dagger, ellipsis is being substituted with the upside-down question mark, Registered trademark is being substituted with the Copyright symbol. The font being use is Myriad. The issue is not present in previous version of Photoshop. If I print to a PDF file, it looks normal but the problem is the text is no longer selectable...it gets rasterized.

And, if I try to copy and paste the text from the generated PDF into another document such as Word or an HTML file, this is what I get...

Everynew*annualicensepurchaseofSVSLOPE©2D Profesionalfor$2,877wilalsoreceiveaone-yearleaseof our2ndgenerationSVSLOPE©3DProfesionalabsolutelyfree (MSRP$5,397)‡nostringsatached.That’sright!Thisisthe fuly-functionalprofesionalversion‡notademo‡which meansyoucanstartusingitrightnowonrealprojects supplyinginstantrevenuetoyourorganization’sbotomline

Here is a side-by-side comparison (photoshop on the left/generated pdf on the right).

Screen Shot 2017-11-28 at 3.40.44 PM.png

Does anyone know what's going on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you File > Saving As > Photoshop PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you PM me under my profile with a link to the PSD? Mediafire would be nice.

My rig is a Mid 2012 MBP/10.12.6/CC 2018 I'll see how it turns out here.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just sent you link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the conversion on CC 2018. I did not notice anything, but I PM'd you the link.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems you got the file, I noticed it had been downloaded. So I've deleted your files.

Anyway if it converts on my system, it might be something on yours.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been away from the office and just saw your messages. No, I did not download the file you shared. I appreciate you taking a look. It's disconcerting to know that there is a unique set of circumstances on my machine that causes this to happen. I'm going to send the file to another offsite computer and try it there as well. I'll let you know the result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines