• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Refine Edge is just a mess for me

Participant ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sometimes works really well.  Other times, it's just a mess.  I'm trying to do a  simple cutting out of a  background, but when it comes to this person's hair, and most people in this project, regardless of hair color, it's just been a mess.   I'm attaching a screenshot of what I'm working with, and a shot of what it looks like after using Refine Edge.  The only settings I'm using in Select & Mask, after choosing the Refine Edge tool is setting it to Smart Radius with a radius of 1.

Screen Shot 2017-11-28 at 3.11.03 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-11-28 at 3.10.52 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

the color values are too close on that photo for photoshop to know what is background and what is hair. i think you should manually paint back in what you need

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the color values are too close on that photo for photoshop to know what is background and what is hair. i think you should manually paint back in what you need

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.  I've seen people do it remarkably well on Youtube videos with relatively similar color values between the hair and the background.  Mine wasn't even close.  I had hoped it could do better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines