Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects - Extremely Slow scenes

Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm loving the developments with Character Animator in the past few weeks.  Many thanks to all the team.

I've just started bringing scenes from CC to After Effects and - well, After Effects is moving S--L--O--W....

Everything lags to a huge extent.  I'm working with a Surface Pro and my Character Animator scene is recording at 24fps.

When I bring it in, it becomes near impossible to work with, it goes that slowly.

Are there any tips - for instance, in music/sound, a lot of programs have a function called "Freeze" that allows the computer to process a layer of sound with plug-ins and freeze it/momentarily render it, so the computer doesn't have to use all this processing power each time.

It may be more of an After Effects question, but is there a way to do this with After Effects?  At the moment it's moving so slow, it would be impossible to do any video editing without the patience of a saint and all the time in the world.

Many thanks,

Rob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I almost always do my AE stuff at a lower res with skipped frames for preview. Try that.

Screen Shot 2017-11-17 at 12.38.05 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What specs is your rig if you don’t mind me asking oksamurai?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines