Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing text to conform to shape

Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.

I have an image of an apple & orange sliced, then layered togeather. I'd like to add text to each layer to comunicate the various aspects of a business.

The attached should give you an idea of what I'd like to achieve.

The next step is to have the text conform to the shape, perspective & light of each slice.

I'm far more familiar with illustrator than photoshop, but even then this is a little beyond me.

Any help will be greately appreciated.

Cheers

apple_orange.png

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use transform>warp to make you text "fit" the slices. Then you can create a shading layer out of the slices to adjust the text shading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use a black & white adjustment layer to lighter the slices to get just the shading.

Use transform>warp to distort your text. Put it in a smart object.

Clip duplicate layers of the b&w layer to shade the text. Some adjustment with curves may be needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple more options.

The first is with Photoshop.  Use the Pen tool to create a work path that follows the required baseline of the text.

Select the Type tool and hover over the start of the path until you see this cursor, and start typing

If you happen to have access to Illustrator it has a trick where it can distort text into a shape using Object > Envelope Distort.   LINK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seeing as you're more savvy in Illustrator then why not do the distortions in that?

As you'll be aware they're better distortion controls in Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

edit subject

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Photoshop you can convert Text to a Shape and go bonkers warping the shape.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines