Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SWF file, all element displayed for a split second before the animation starts

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

so I've created a presentation with InDesign CC in the form of a SWF file with several pages and animations on each of them. text fading in, graphics moving etc...

When I play the file with either a web browser (Chrome, Web Explorer) or a SWF Flash Player, everything is fine EXCEPT for the fact that when loading a new page, all the animated text and graphics appear all displayed at the same time for an instant, before vanishing and then the page operates as it should (animation on page load starts, click-based ones work...)

More jarring than anything, I'd like to have it fixed but don't know how.

I haven't seen anything similar on the web safe for one post: Trying to create an interactive pdf with animated texts and pictures

Any idea how to prevent my elements from showing up too early (kinda ruin the surprise)

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SWF is an obsolete format, so unless it's for personal use, don't bother distributing it as many devices won't be able to play it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Derek for your input.

What are my options here then?

Is it possible to convert a SWF to another more practical format? What would you recommend?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Three options you might consider FXL ePub, InDesign's Publish Online, and in5 Export HTML5 from InDesing with in5 - Home

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, I couldn't figure ePub in such a short time, but Publish Online looks pretty great. I'll settle with that.

Thanks Derek!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are virtually the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not entirely the same thing Bob, as you know better than me, users have to be online to access Publish Online documents, they are hosted on Adobe's servers and there isn't an easy way to monetise the content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m referring to the mechanics of creating the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines