• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Target Available Disk Space Usage

Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the new LR CC today, and I'm trying to understand what the "Target Available Disk Space Usage" slider in Preferences/Local Storage does, and how it relates to the "Originals are currently stored in" setting in Preferences/Local Storage.  I keep my originals on an external disk drive which as a lot of free space, but the textual description in the preferences dialog box suggests this slider is for the internal disk drive in my Mac (which may hold image previews/proxies).  So is the slider limiting the size of the proxy cache (on my internal drive), or the size of the originals folder (on my external drive)?  Can't be both because the percent of free space wold be very different.

- Thanks in advance, Jim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

The slider's only limiting space on the internal drive. If you've set the originals location to another drive, they assume you picked one with space to spare.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The slider's only limiting space on the internal drive. If you've set the originals location to another drive, they assume you picked one with space to spare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Victoria!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines