• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR to PS issue - Missing information from LR photo

Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone. First time posting here. I've been using LR and PS as well as premiere for over a year now. I use PS the least as most of my needs are met with LR editing; however, sometimes I like to remove objects and such with PS. Usually I don't have a problem. I click edit in photoshop and that's it.

I had an issue last night when doing this for the first time. It's hard to explain but rather when moving my image from LR to PS, in PS it looks like someone took an eraser and removed sections of the clouds/sky, as in there's missing sky information. On LR the sky/cloud information is there and this can be seen when lowering the highlights or exposure. In PS areas of detail are just missing completely in the sky. Weird!

I've never had a problem before. Has anyone seen this and what can be done?

Thanks!

Neil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

When you say areas missing are these:

a. Blocks missing (which would point to a GPU issue)

b. Areas of genuine transparency

c. Areas of highlight that have become blown out (that may be your colour settings)

d. Something else

A couple of full screen screenshots before (Lightroom) and after (Photoshop) would help. Also if it is "c" can you post your Edit in Photoshop settings from Lightroom and your Color Settings from Photoshop.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your response.

I will send you screenshots when I get home this evening. The only way I can describe it for now is if you used a gradient filter or something in LR and then went over some of the areas with an erase tool to remove unwanted areas from the gradient filter. It looks like there are just areas in the clouds that have been totally erased when hitting "edit in photoshop" in LR to PS.

In LR iff I bring down the highlights and or exposure, I don't see that but rather see all the clouds information present, so its only when the image is opened in PS do I see it.

Now I do have the blue luminance and saturation levels lowered in LR and the clouds have a bluish tint. (overcast clouds) I have not seen this issue thus far as usually all works fine when moving from LR to PS and back.

What do you mean by "areas of highlights have become blown out"? as in blown out while being exported from LR to PS due to color, or?

I also did not understand this bit. "Also if it is "c" can you post your Edit in Photoshop settings from Lightroom and your Color Settings from Photoshop."

Thank you for your reply!

-Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

What I meant by option c was - is the effect you are seeing similar to when overdo a saturation or exposure adjustment and the colors or white detail is lost?  If so, there may be something in the color settings - hence the request for you to post the settings.

The screenshots should help us see the issue.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines