• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

download an ebook in return for email address

Contributor ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does any one know of a widget that will allow me to make a download button appear once the user has entered an email address and clicked a consent checkbox?

Or do you know of another way to make a file available for downloadn only in return for an email address?

REALLY what I want to do is have them fill in their email and tick the box, then auto respond with an email to the address they entered  (the email they get will have a download link in it).

I can collect the email address and check box and on send the form takes the user to a thank you page where there is a download button, but I'd like something a bit more elegant.

Thanks for any suggestions.

K.

Adobe user since 1987 : Illustrator version 1.0.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could have a look at "jot form". I don`t know about an auto responding form button.

You could also have a button that links to the so called "thank you" page and downloads the file at the same time?

You get the email address and the user gets the file/ebook?

In a way, that the button opens the file not in a new window/parent window but tin the same window?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks interesting - I'll give Jot Form a try.

Thanks,

K.

Adobe user since 1987 : Illustrator version 1.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may do it this way in Muse:

Create a page, for example called „Download", which is excluded from all menus and contains a download button to your eBook.

Configure your standard form so, that after clicking successfully onto the „Send“ button the page „Download“ is shown and the visitor is able to download the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines