• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS5.1 asks for legacy Java SE 6 runtime after updating macOS

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have only recently updated the software on my Mac - due to concerns about compatibility of updated software on a cutter that I have.

Now I have now updated the Mac software Adobe family products are reacting differently

• Bridge
  • Acrobat
  • Exchange

are all working correctly.

• Photoshop
  • Illustrator
  • InDesign

all display the message below

Screen Shot 2017-11-25 at 16.10.27.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your os isn't compatible with legacy software.  apple has a solution for that  particular problem, Download Java for OS X 2017-001

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I followed the instructions - confirmation below

Screen Shot 2017-11-29 at 10.39.54.png

but still getting the same error message 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what I don't understand is that hard the adobe family work and the other half don't   Help !!

Custom Software Development​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Photoshop General Discussion forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff - I am having trouble using Photoshop, illustrator and InDesign (Bridge, Acrobat & Exchange are all working ok) - I am at my wits end with this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BrendanMaca250856 the community in the Photoshop General Discussion forum may have additional suggestions on how you can successfully install a version of Java that will work with Photoshop CS5.1.

If you can update this discussion with the version of macOS you are attempting to install Photoshop, and the other CS5 applications, on it, would be appreciated.  Any other details such as why the OS was updated may also be pertinent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS X EI Capitan 10.11.6

updated operating system as getting messages about lack of security from existing system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you installed the wrong (v 8) java version.  check your error message to see you need v 6 (which at the top of the message 1 linked page).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so how do i remove v8 and download v6 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how to remove:  How do I uninstall Java on my Mac?

to install java 6, click the link in message 1 and click the download link at the top of the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to follow the instructions (logged is as the administrator) but got the following message

Screen Shot 2017-11-29 at 16.32.37.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you need to use your mac password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it won't let me - there is no place that it will let me type it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you need to sign in as a root user, but you should just leave it alone.  you're more likely to cause problems than to help anything.

in addition, i don't think you need to remove j8 in order to install j6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you installed the wrong (v 8) java version.  check your error message to see you need v 6 (which at the top of the message 1 linked page).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines