• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop will not open when sending photo from Lightroom -- Application Components Missing

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Photoshop CC 2018 on a Macbook Pro running El Capitan and after using it without any problems for several weeks, last night I was editing a photo in Lightroom, went to send that photo to Photoshop and received an error message that Photoshop was missing some of the application components from the Application directory and I needed to reinstall the application.  I have tried several different photos and get the same result -- sometimes I get the dialog box to select the original or Lightroom version with edits, and sometimes I do not get that error message.

I tried reinstalling Photoshop several times, including using the Adobe cleaner application, deleted the Library Preferences files google searches suggested to be deleted, restarted the laptop multiple times and still got the same error message. On a standalone basis, Photoshop opens without any issues.

Any help on this error message would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you also reinstall Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, and it did not solve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines