• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does the eraser tool have a line following it like a tail?

Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using CC2018, when I use the eraser tool, set on brush, when I erase, there is a line that appears as I work that looks like it is connecting to the starting point of my erase. It follows the eraser like a tail. It is distracting. How do I get rid of it, and why is it there?

As I look at it, the line is following my brush and "catching up" with my brush as it does the erase. Is it possible that my very fast MAC is not keeping up with the tool?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Is this what you are seeing? If so impossible to switch off designed to drive you insane. Not really of course it can be removed

1.png

This is part of the new smoothing feature for brush strokes and in fact will work better on a fast machine than a slow one. Two ways to switch it off

1) Reduce smoothing down to 0%

2.png

2) Turn off the effect from the smoothing options

3.png

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this what you are seeing? If so impossible to switch off designed to drive you insane. Not really of course it can be removed

1.png

This is part of the new smoothing feature for brush strokes and in fact will work better on a fast machine than a slow one. Two ways to switch it off

1) Reduce smoothing down to 0%

2.png

2) Turn off the effect from the smoothing options

3.png

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A third way just to get rid of the line  is to leave smoothing on but turn off "Show brush leash While smoothing" in Preferences > Cursors. Whether that leaves you with an acceptable or unacceptable delay depends on your PC

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help. The first option of turning smoothing off ("0") worked perfectly. No tail and no lag. By leaving smoothing on, turning off the brush leash in preferences did NOT work. (I quit PS and re-opened as well). It got rid of the line (leash) but still left the slow delay behind my brush.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you tell me what smoothing does when I use the eraser too (brush)? Putting it to "0" instead of "100"?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines