• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 mac "glitch" bug

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using CS6 for several years now, and just got a new laptop a couple months ago (macbook pro from this year/2017). For several months everything has been fine. All of the sudden, I've been getting this super annoying "glitch" bug whenever I do about anything when I draw - zoom, draw a new line, show/hide a layer, etc. The pixels aren't actually getting displaced, but it is just the visual on my computer that flickers every time I make any type of edit. I've tried turning on/off the GPU and updating CS6 and nothing has worked. It's been getting worse and it's getting harder and harder to be able to use the software when I can barely see what I'm drawing. I'm attaching some pictures as examples. Keep in mind whenever I draw a new line, erase, change a layer, resize/transform, ANYTHING, the number of glitches changes and flickers. I used to be able to make them go away by making tapping the show/hide check on the layer a couple times, but that has stopped working and it's incredibly frustrating. Is this a known bug or update error? Is CS6 no longer compatible with the newest apple IOS versions? Please help!!

Screen Shot 2017-11-28 at 1.30.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-28 at 1.28.30 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Check your graphics processor. You may need to turn it off or upgrade the driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your graphics processor. You may need to turn it off or upgrade the driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh I see thank you. How do I update it? I'm assuming this is something I can look up but just wanted to check in case

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can update it by downloading and installing the newest driver from the web site of the manufacturer.

This may also be of interest Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines