• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to order prototype slides in XD?

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to change the order of the prototype slides in XD. All the artboards are sorted from left to right, even numbered them but it doesn't effect the sequence, does anyone have an idea on how to solve this problem?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

We lay things out from left-to-right, top-to-bottom when we share. However, only the artboards that are connected to the home artboard are included in the list. Are you seeing something different?

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We lay things out from left-to-right, top-to-bottom when we share. However, only the artboards that are connected to the home artboard are included in the list. Are you seeing something different?

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found simply laying out doesn't work well in practice. Think Powerpoint and page order.

Tip: When designing, my workaround is to copy the Artboards one at a time to a new document to ensure the order works (kind of a pain, but it works and doesnt take too long).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sucks! When i copy, all the links become broken. Jesus, what a shit of an app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try copying in prototype mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, I'm not sure this answers your question but if you're talking about having an established 'homepage', then you're sorted. In prototype mode, click on the artboard you'd like to have as homepage and click the home icon (You'll find it attached to the artboard top left). Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Dimitrieraw, this is exactly what I was trying to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should be the anwser. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click the home icon it opens my Adobe Acount home page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you buddy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Adobe - still its not working for me even i use updated version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys

To reorder the layouts you have to 1st be in:
Prototype mode > highlight the page/slide you want to move 
> Cut/copy 
> Highlight the page/slide that you it next to 
> Paste and Hey Presto!

Don’t thank me all at once 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the solution that worked for you. This will definitely help our customers facing the similar issues. Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any query related to XD.

We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously though! Thankk you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realy didn't understand that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The artboards must be at the same height as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One will see a name or title at the top left corner of respective art board, if you are using Windows OS, just click on the name or title on the top left corner of respective art board and drag it to place it in its correct place while changing the order. Then save everything, close the Adobe XD app and again restart it to see the changed order of Artboards. 

Kind regards,

Janani 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arrange pages one by one order in vertical position in the artbord it worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I organized my artboard from left to right, top to bottom order and it came with the correct order.

And btw, if anyone is having trouble moving their artboard along with their contents, try selecting your artboard name/title ( the whole artboard will be highlighted) then hold it and drag it. This should move your artboard along with anything in it, works in both prototype and design mode.  Hope this helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines