• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I make a Muse theme my Master Page?

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I'm very new to all this. I downloaded a Muse theme that I really enjoy but I cannot for the life of me figure out how the heck to make it my Master Page so that every page looks the same. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

How do you bring an outside Project into Muse?

You should open this project in Muse, copy the elements you like to have on your master, chose your desired master, paste in place or just place and rearrange these elements. This might be tricky, as your copied elements also take their breakpoint-settíngs with them.

So in your case I recommend, to either take care of the breakpoints in your template or copy and paste only element by element (section by section).

Let me add, that templates are much bet

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just copy all elements which should be the same on all pages and paste it onto your master.

You may have to take care, that you use the same dimensions, breakpoints and page settings as the template.

But, the template should have a master as well, why not use this?

Wich template do you use?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the easiest way for me to ensure that all the dimensions are the same? Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forget, what I wrote earlier .

Just save the template as a new file with a new name and make your new settings as desired.

Tell us, which template you chose. Be aware that templates are quite good for learning purposes but could lead

to unpredictable behaviour, if you don´t know your MUSE. So take care what you do.

For technical terms: templates content the whole site with masters and their corresponding pages.

Master pages are for their corresponding pages and take care that those elements are visible and behave as intended.

Not all elements from pages are on their masters. Only few elements are on masters.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay so I saved the template and renamed the file but when I open it Muse just automatically makes it a top page. When I copy and paste into the master page, everything is just slightly off from the top page. I chose this template:

Adobe Muse Landing Page Free Theme by Musefree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I didn`t get everything, but maybe you didn`t get the idea of master and their corresponding pages?

What exactly is your issue?

Show us your site and what you want to achieve. You could publish via CC as a provisional website to show us.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Master Page at the bottom of the Plan or Design tabs is blank. When I bring in an outside project from Comp CC or another Muse theme, it automatically sets it as the Home page and not the Master. I can't seem to figure out how to make it the Master.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you bring an outside Project into Muse?

You should open this project in Muse, copy the elements you like to have on your master, chose your desired master, paste in place or just place and rearrange these elements. This might be tricky, as your copied elements also take their breakpoint-settíngs with them.

So in your case I recommend, to either take care of the breakpoints in your template or copy and paste only element by element (section by section).

Let me add, that templates are much better to use as "lessons to learn muse". Nobody will ever say this officially, but … .

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am definitely frustrated with how complicated some simple things should be with templates. Yes, they do take on their breakpoints when pasting to the Master. I guess I was hoping for a simpler way. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Templates are only useful if you use them exactly like they are out of the box. As soon as you start to add or edit (and mostly there´s a lot to add and to edit), you must know what you do. Yes, that could be very frustrating, as all the vendors tell how easy it is – it is in fact not (99%). It´s good for quickly put some images into, change some text, replace a logo, to watch with a client or for yourself what approximately it could look like (with breakpoints, if there are any) – in the same time you could do this by yourself without breakpoints.

I also experienced that most templates do not even use proper linking inside their entire site, so mostly it is a waste of time, but for learning purposes it could of course be very usefull.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines