• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Zoom in?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2008 Mar 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to zoom in while recording? I'd like to avoid doing it in post production.
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2008 Mar 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mr_Mike_M

Unfortunately Captivate does not offer such a feature.

You should suggest it as a feature enhancement. You may do this by clicking here and completing the form you should find there.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2008 Dec 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am curious about this feature as well - in the Captivate podcast, the demo actually does zoom, as well as provide a mouse click highlight.
If there is no zoom feature, how is it showing on the training demo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2008 Dec 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, dahawe

Note that Mr_Mike_M asked Is there a way to zoom in while recording?

So during the process of recording, there is nothing that allows zooming in. But you are free to add a zoom object during the editing process after you have recorded.

Keep in mind that Adobe has vast resources available. Often what is shown on their web sites is likely a blend of Flash and Captivate to achieve some effects that aren't exactly possible using Captivate all by itself.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 20, 2008 Dec 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
There are a number of utilities available. If you have an enhanced mouse, it may actually include a magnifier option. My IBM Laptops have that functionality and my Microsoft Comfort Optical 3000 mouse has that in the thumb click button. I use it when I do live training and it picks up on the screen captures.

At one point, Robo Demo shipped with Bonus Pack that had that as a utility. Some screen capture software tools will also have the magnifier / zoom feature. A quick websearch picked up this link:
http://www.magnifiers.org/links/Download_Software/Screen_Magnifiers/Windows_Freeware_and_shareware/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources