• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Chrome and flash issue

Contributor ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have en application Animate on the web (swf).

Many of mine student  from a some months can't opern the swf file with the last version of chrome.

If they connect to the web the start the downlod of the swf file.

This problem does not exist with Explorer, with this browser all it is ok.

Any hints?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

The SWF should work if your browser is set up to allow that site. For me, your SWF worked fine in Firefox and Chrome, but in Safari I had to go into preferences and give the site permission to use Flash Player plugin. Before I made that change the SWF downloaded instead of playing in the browser window. Afterwards it played ok, just like Chrome and Firefox.

The HTML wrapper may still require the user to give permission for Flash to work, but at least it should stop downloading the file.

Here's Goo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's the url?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's a swf.  either enable flash player always (settings>advanced>privacy/security>content>flash) or upload the embedding html to see a prompt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had already given this indication,

but the problem persists.

I mean it persists on several computers with Chrome

despite what you kindly pointed out and that I had already explained to the students.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use an embedding html or contact google about a work-around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose that you  for Ā«embedding htmlĀ»  mean this:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i mean publish an html file from animate and upload the html file to your server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The SWF should work if your browser is set up to allow that site. For me, your SWF worked fine in Firefox and Chrome, but in Safari I had to go into preferences and give the site permission to use Flash Player plugin. Before I made that change the SWF downloaded instead of playing in the browser window. Afterwards it played ok, just like Chrome and Firefox.

The HTML wrapper may still require the user to give permission for Flash to work, but at least it should stop downloading the file.

Here's Google's page on setting up Flash Player in Chrome:

Use or fix Flash audio & video - Computer - Google Chrome Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines