Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newest Apple iMac and iMac Pro for Creative Cloud

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone.

Apple just announced the latest desktop station: iMac and iMac Pro (from December).

May I ask you what are your opinions regarding them?

I need to replace my old iMac (2012) with a new one and I am now considering two options: top iMac or the "basic" iMac Pro (lucky the budget this time won't be an issue).

I am a creative cloud user and I work mostly for photo editing (Ps and Lr mostly), very few occasion some small video editing.

Do you think that the iMac Pro might be too oversized workstation for my needs?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for photo editing the 4 core imac with perhaps the radeon rx 570 should be a good option as many PS/LR functions only use 2-4 cores. it would also handle some light video editing and could use proxies if needed. if you wanted a something better to handle 4k+ editing without proxies, then the imac pro would be the better option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your opinion. Do you think that the iMac Pro would be a great tool for photo editing?

Let's wait until specific test will be made over the coming soon iMac Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

marcod32092633  wrote

Thank you for your opinion. Do you think that the iMac Pro would be a great tool for photo editing?

like i pointed out, most functions in PS and LR only use 2-4 cpu cores. so going higher than 4 cores with the imac pro won't be of much help for photo editing. the imac pro could actually perform slightly worse if the clock speeds are lower, which they probably will be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do we have already any test performed with iMac Pro for Lr and or PS ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeay I agree, the fewer cores and higher clock speeds will work better for Photoshop, I guess the ability to get a huge drive and more than 32gb RAM would be the only pro's of the imac pro? Man I wish the regular imac would be available in space gray

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines