Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Abort the default Photoshop progress bar

Engaged ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot_2.jpg

Hello everyone! Is there any way to abort or hide this "standard progress bar" when exporting high-quality prints through scripts?

I added a custom progress bar to my script that took too long but I sometimes realize that the two palettes are shown at the same time? It would be possible?

That's the palette I'm using! If someone has another functional model I am very grateful

myPrs = new Window('palette', 'Batch Processing');

myPrs.orientation = 'column';

myPrs.alignment = 'right';

myPrs.ProcessHead  = myPrs.add('statictext',[40,0,260,25], "Batch Processing...");

myPrs.Process = myPrs.add("progressbar",[40,40,260,65]);

myPrs.Label = myPrs.add('statictext', [150,75,200,120], "0%");

myPrs.Process.value = 0;

var LENGTH = 4;

myPrs.show();

for(i=0;i<1;i++){

var PrCounter = 0;

ProgressBar(++PrCounter, i+1 , 1);

Function1();

}

function ProgressBar(v, x, y){

var value = (Number(v) / LENGTH) * 100;

myPrs.Label.text = Math.round(value) + " % ";

myPrs.ProcessHead.text = "Batch Processing... [" + x + "/"+ y + "]";

myPrs.Process.value = value;

}

function Function1(){

// my code

}

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have native progressbar here: Magic scripts for Photoshop (Delete all empty layers faster)

Anyway since version 1.1 it's too fast and I almost never see progress bar but it should be here and should be cancelable.

I don't rememeber excatly but progressbar may return true/false value. And you will store this value in variable. And in "for loop" you are checking if true/false and if so, you will break loop with break keyword.

Problem with native progressbar is that it will not let you do some kind of actions like transform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jarda Bereza what I need in fact is to hide or delete the native progress bar! thus displaying only my custom bar progress palette!

I love these scripts "Magic scripts for PS" mainly the " Advanced Font Remapping v1.0.jsx" Were they all written by you? If the answer is yes, I would like to ask a question:

Have you listed the directory for System fonts? C:\Windows\Fonts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reply to removed(?) comment:

Hmm scripting native progressbar could override progressbar bundled with certain action. I didn't tested it but it would make sense.

Yes these scripts are mine. What is your request?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jarda Bereza First of all, I want to congratulate you on your beautiful work, and second on thanking you for sharing it with us. As regards my request:

In my workflow I do not work with system fonts. I usually saved all my installed fonts to all adobe programs at:

C / Program Files / Common Files / Adobe / Fonts /

You could do a little modification on "" Advanced Font Remapping v1.0.jsx "list only the sources of this directory: C / Program Files / Common Files / Adobe / Fonts /

That way, only my work sources will be included in the list.

Could you make this change for me? Thank you

As for progress bar:

I have not been able to do what you suggested because I am still an apprentice for scriptting and my level of knowledge does not allow me to do so. If you have a practical example and can have it, I will be eternally grateful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

smithcgl9043167​ How works this folder? Are fonts placed here automaticaly available in Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jarda Bereza! That's right! If you add any source in the "Program Files / Common Files / Adobe / Fonts /" folder, the font automatically becomes recognized by any Adobe software.

Note!

Before you need to create the "Fonts" folder within the "Program Files / Common Files / Adobe" path then add your preferred fonts.

Screenshot_1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will explore if script can see this fonts from script or only system installed fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe you will! Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines