Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fast zoom to specific area

Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I use to zoom with combines of CTRL + , CTRL - , but it zoom to the center of the document but not where is the cursor exists.

I don't want to combines keys CTRL + SPACEBAR for to operate the zoom tool and then click on the left button of the mouse.

Is there a fast way to do a zoom in / out?

Thanks,

Michael

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Scrubby Zoom:

Select the Zoom Tool and checkmark the Scrubby Zoom box in the Options bar at the top.

Click on the part you want to zoom in on and drag the Zoom tool, then drag right to rapidly zoom in, drag left to zoom out.

I also go into Photoshop Preferences > Tools and uncheck Animated zoom, because I want an instant response and Animated zoom just seems a bit out of control when it keeps going.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scrubby Zoom:

Select the Zoom Tool and checkmark the Scrubby Zoom box in the Options bar at the top.

Click on the part you want to zoom in on and drag the Zoom tool, then drag right to rapidly zoom in, drag left to zoom out.

I also go into Photoshop Preferences > Tools and uncheck Animated zoom, because I want an instant response and Animated zoom just seems a bit out of control when it keeps going.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This trick might be useful. If you are already zoomed in past 'fit to screen' and have the Navigator panel open, press and hold the H key.  This will cause the image to temporarily zoom to 'fit to screen' and you will see an outline of the previous zoomed in state in the navigator panel which you can move to a new location.  Release the H key, and you will instantly zoom in to your new location.  It's a neat trick and is one of Photoshop's Spring-loaded shortcuts.

Spring Loaded Shortcuts (Available since CS4)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines