Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS Touch iOS 11: Where is it?

Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased PS Touch and use it often, despite the lack of any subsequent updates. At this point, I’m pretty angry at the fact Adobe seems to immediately abandon its apps, regardless of cost to the end user. Allowing PS Touch to simply disappear without any warning or replacement is unacceptable. I demand a response AND restoration of PS Touch Adobe!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did Adobe demand you to upgrade to IOS 11 that was your doing your choice.  Adobe Photoshop touch may well require the IOS version the Photoshop Touch was programmed for.  Adobe historically does not support old software software  and drop support  for products. End of life for software is not  confined to Adobe. Software that had been developed will some day will no longer be supported.    A demand from you will not change the software community. I do not even think a request for support for Photoshop touch from you would be considered by Adobe.  Then I do not work for Adobe I may be wrong but I do not think that I am. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely agree. The license is unlimited, and it was payed. Or we need to buy new software each time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft did the same thing, and all under their own control... The perfectly good MS Office 97 I owned stopped working (would not even install) when I moved from a WinXP computer to a Win7 computer... Microsoft had TOTAL control over their own products (unlike here, where Adobe has NO control over Apple's operating system) and I was forced to buy MS Office again to be able to use it... So if you want to blame someone for your program not working, contact Apple

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why apple? Cuz they’r moving forward in progress?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple coz they are the ones making money from new systems. Every time You demand a free upgrade coz Apple upgraded the system you're demanding that every other software maker subsidise Apple. That's wrong. Free upgrades for new systems have got to stop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need all my tools back. All the intricate ways I could Transform or Warp a Shape, Color match, Drop Shadows with direction and blur levels, and Outer Glow so objects rest naturally in the project. Intensity/Amount/Threshold sliders on everything, adding lighting on your object so it is consistent with the background. Pixel nudge and Snap Toggle so you can make those precise adjustments to objects. I need to copy and paste objects, apply effects to selections, Transform a selection to give it the right perspective. I need to Invert, Color Levels and Clone Stamp from the source I choose, not just surrounding pixels. Give me all my tools back. Make it right Adobe. PS Touch was virtually glitch free, and made very polished finished results. I could add family members into family photos and it would look perfect. Flip, rotate, tilt, TRANSFORM, Lighting, shadow, color tone all delicately adjustable to make the end product professional quality. An eraser with adjustable opacity, feathering and pixel size. Do I need to come work for Adobe to show you what people need for their device? You’ve proved that it already exists, so give me another beautiful all-in-one app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel like we need to start a campaign to bring PS Touch back.  We need to jumpstart Adobe's new PS Touch project.  Probably starting with a socal media campaign.  As much as a want to complain about what Adobe is currently offering, I think we need to focus on what we love.  We need to write a PS Touch love story.  We need to write PS Touch love songs.  You said it best graphicshartist , I love how you put it ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Much obliged erikn67460698​ consider my schedule cleared

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi graphicshartist.

Wow!  You have utilized the PS Touch app in ways I could only imagine!

I would love to see some samples of your finished work.

Is there a site where I could view them?

Or would you perchance be willing to share a sample in this thread?

Anyway, in my own unsophisticated way, I have found PS Touch to be indispensable for creating MONTAGES.

Below is an example of a montage I created when I was a member artist of the Art Emporium in Port Stanley.

The photo of the sculpture is mine, as is the photo of the rosette.

I used the 'new blank project' and 'fill' feature to create the template.

I used the paint tool with 'edge aware' to blacken around the edges of the rosette.

I layered in the photos of the artist and the juror, and typed in all the text.

I loved how precisely I could align the text with the vertical/horizontal 'x' and 'y' px measurements.

And now.....

If I upgrade my iPad Mini'software, I lose the wherewithal to create my montages!

Tell me:

Does Adobe's PS Elements (for PC) offer such capabilities?

If I have to, I'll resort to using my computer to create my montages, but so far I haven't discovered any desktop apps with the 'new blank project' feature.

Or are there any new iPad apps that offer the ability to create montages like this one?

I await your response with keen anticipation.

Thank you for writing such an in-depth, detailed comment!

I appreciate it.

Cordially,

PhiL  >^•_•^<

Tom Scanlan •

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why will Adobe not answer the question on the Ps Touch upgrade for ISO 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davidb93437527  wrote

Why will Adobe not answer the question on the Ps Touch upgrade for ISO 11

Adobe did May 21, 2015 Photoshop Touch Announcement

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the question remains. why won't adobe answer the question with regards to its up grade for Ps touch and ISO11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the question remains unanswered; why will Adobe not up date Ps Touch for existing users? It is the very best peice of photo editing software devised To date. I have made contact with Adobe support only to be very disappointed by the response. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was the announcement ambiguous?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it was not ambiguous, just not very helpful. When I spoke to the help line they did not give a reasonable explanation for why there was not going to be an up date to ISO 11. Thus rendering the product useless. Which means I cannot update my apple ipad in fear of losing PS touch. In fact if you search the Adobe website they have all but disowned the product . The only reference to it is on the Adobe Forum. Ever feel like your going round in a circle!

Not the best in customer care and after service for your products Adobe. In fact I wish another company would design a similar product because I would not hesitate in dumping Adobe in the way they have dumped us! I would be very wart to ever use Adobe again. Your lack of customer care and failure to develop this product further reflects serious shortcomings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you just will not accept the answer no. But Adobe made their plans crystal clear in that announcement. They do have a very solid track record of abandoning all products but the most successful, over many decades.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And that makes it right , I think not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been dealing with your original statement that Adobe won’t answer questions. I don’t see they need to. I might agree with you about dropping an app, but apps need a better business model than 10 bucks for life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines