• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newest PSCC update (4.3.0.256) crashes when opening jpgs.

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC 4.3.0.256 updated this week. I've used AI and INDD without incident. Just opened PS today by right-clicking a jpg and selecting Open With. PS loaded, then crashed. Sent a crash report. I then tried opening PS first, then navigating to the jpg. It crashed again. Sent crash report. Uninstalled and reinstalled PS (kept preferences). Opened reinstalled version and opened a Recent .psd. Opened fine. Closed file and then tried to open a Recent jpg. Crashed again. Sent crash report.

Have never had to send crash reports for CC or had any real issues with CC, so not sure if I await team's response to reports (I imagine response won't be quick) or try to get an answer here. Have no idea how to begin diagnosing the issue. I don't tweak my CC software with add-ons. I use as is.

TYIA for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Photoshop General Discussion​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: In continuing to report the crash, Adobe has begun directing me to a page recommending I update PS as well as graphics drivers. Windows indicates my drivers are all up to date. It also recommended I change a Camera Raw setting from within PS. When I tried to access the setting within PS, PS crashed. This leads me to believe it's a Camera Raw issue. I have attempted to use previous versions of PS but the crash continues. I noticed that I cannot roll back Camera Raw, however. Not sure where to go from here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows update is frequently way behind on video drivers. Go the video card manufacturers web site for the most recent drivers. It's possible you may have to try several of the latest drivers.

Also, your version # for PS CC is strange. The actual version of the latest PS CC is 19.0. Can you check that?

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open Bridge and go into Camera Raw Preferences there. Uncheck "use graphics processor".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

D Fosse, Installed Bridge just to do this; found that the default was unchecked already, so I'm still in the same boat.  😞

KR, sorry for my phrasing. I was referring to CC version, not specifically PS. Will check mfr site on the drivers and report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had same exact problems, thought the drivers were up to date, etc, and had Adobe live chat take over my computer and they went to support.amd.com and went to a driver autodetect install and this fixed the problem! It was Radeon Software. Sorry, not sure of all the technical terms, but after this driver update, everything worked fine again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Updating Radeon did not fix the issue and, worse, rolling back the driver created more chaos. The good news is, I got a new computer as a result; the bad news is, the Adobe Application Manager is now creating freeze issues on the new computer. The Adobe fun never ends.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines