• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Mobile Keywords

Engaged ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I load up a synced collection with my Droid and add photo keywords, they don't appear on my desktop app. All other meta data does.

Are these available on the desktop or only mobile?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Which desktop? Lr CC or Lr Classic?

Lr CC sync’s originals

Lr Classic sync’s smart previews

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keywords should be available in the LR CC desktop app but not the Lr Classic app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I need to upgrade lightroom desktop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which desktop? Lr CC or Lr Classic?

Lr CC sync’s originals

Lr Classic sync’s smart previews

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll get in here...

When I sync collections form LR Classic only some images has keywords in LR CC for Android?!

I can not retrace why to some images keywords are synced to LR CC and to some not.

Any ideas about that?

THX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no sync for keywords between Lr Classic and Lr CC. This is by design and in order to protect complex keyword hierarchies which some users have in Lr Classic. If photos already have embedded keywords e.g. jpegs or DNG; these will usually be available when imported directly into Lr CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But why some keywords will sync and some not?
All of my images are tagged...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tifi  wrote

But why some keywords will sync and some not?
All of my images are tagged...

As @99jon said, if you have previously saved the metadata into XMP before the image was synced from LR Classic, there is a one-time one-way transfer of that embedded metadata to the cloud. So any keywords and/or location data that were saved to XMP in this way will subsequently appear in LRCC. But note that ongoing changes do not sync.

In addition to the above scenario, certain files which are created by Lightroom or Photoshop, e.g. DNGs created by using Photomerge, or Tiffs/PSDs created by the "Edit in Photoshop" process, have the inherited metadata embedded in XMP at the time of creation. So then syncing those from Classic will produce the same visibility of keywords etc. in LRCC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Lr since V2. I have about 40.000 tagged Images, which are mostly tagged years ago. Yesterday I purchase Adobe CC and now I like to try out the new possibilities.
There is not one image in my library, that was tagged after purchasing Adobe CC.

Yes, writing to XMP is on and I also have write metadata to the files again. But still... like I write above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you clarify the sequence of events? Earlier you said some keywords had transferred, now you're saying none have? Which is it?

The correct sequence should be:

1. Apply keywords in LR Classic, write them to XMP (either automatically or via Ctrl-S).

2. Add selected images to collections, set those collections to sync.

3. After the photos (smart previews) have uploaded, start new LRCC on the desktop (or phone or tablet or Web), wait for all images to sync down from the cloud.

4. Select an image in LRCC, go into Detail view, click on the tag icon bottom right and you should then see the keywords that you applied in Classic.

Have you done all that in that order?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just because some pictures were synced with keywords and some are not, I'm so confused.

But now I have found out by try and error what it was:

The images with synced with keywords have already been importet to Lr with keywords. The pictures, which got the keywords first in LR are uploaded without.

Whether the images were tagged before or after adding to the collection is irrelevant to this problem, becouse all images was tagged before!

In fakt of only the smart previews will be uploaded, I try to delete the existing smart previews and let Lr creat new ones.

Now all images where uploaded with keyworts

Summarized: The existing keyworts in Lr Classic CC will only be uploaded with the image, when the smart preview was created after adding keywords.

I testet succsefully to tagging the pictures before importing and adding them directly to a synced collection (within the importing dialog). This work too.

As my english is terrible, i hope i could clarify how it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines