• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC shooting RAW on iPhone is terrible.

Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-11-29 at 7.59.22 PM.png

Directly out from iPhone X with Lightroom CC.
I tried Lightroom CC since I bought iPhone X on the first day, 11/3. But I really disappointed about RAW quality that I can not even edit it. On the other hand, HEIC files are much better that I can not see any grain. Is it because Lightroom CC and other third-party apps are not optimized for iPhone X? All images that I shot with Lightroom CC came out with too grainy RAW files. I really need an explanation for this issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you made any adjustments under the detail tab in ACR? See image below. Normally there is much more control with a DNG file than with a compressed jpeg or HEIF. Try increasing the luminance slider and perhaps the color slider. You can then hold down the Alt key while dragging the masking slider to find the best edges for sharpening.

ACRdetail.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know that DNG have more flexibility with adjusting but when I saw my own RAW files in detail, they are much worse than HEIF files. I CANT EVEN ADJUST THEM. It's too grainy and too dark that I can't even recover shadow area. I got that shot directly from Lightroom CC directly. Im telling you that DNG files from iPhone X sucks. I'll post both RAW and HEIF later since it's better to see it in detail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines