• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving the Lightroom CC Library.lrlibrary

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to move the "Lightroom Library.lrlibrary" to another drive on my Mac Desktop. It is filling up space on my SSD and I want to move it to my internal storage drive. I have tried to create an Alias on a separate drive internally and it doesn't seem to like that.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe you can. I would also have suggested an alias.

There is a preference about how much disc space to use, and also local copies can build up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the originals going to my external but it seems that LR CC builds a "previews" like library file for local use

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you set the Target Available DIsc Space Usage? Mine is set to 0% and the Lightroom Library.lrlibrary file is only 300mb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I set up to 0% and it is now 27GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's probably locally-stored copies, and I think there is a delay before it clears down automatically. In Finder, change the name of Lightroom Library.lrlibrary to Lightroom Library.mybackup and restart LRCC. This will start a new Lightroom Library.lrlibrary, and you can delete the backup when you're happy everything is OK.

You can right click Lightroom Library.lrlibrary in Finder and choose Show Package Contents. This will let you see what is bloating the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines